Blemishes & Congestion Regimen
Are you looking for a simple regimen for the look of blemishes and congestion? Here’s a simple regimen by The Ordinary comprising of just 3 products.
- Salicylic Acid
- Plant Derived Squalane Oil *option for extra hydration as last step
What Your Routine Would Look Like
|Morning||Cleanse | Niacinamide | SPF|
|Evening||Cleanse | Salicylic Acid | Niacinamide|
The Ordinary Niacinamide
Niacinamide is a water based serum that regulates sebum and minimises pores. You can use this directly on cleansed skin or as one of the first layers if you’re using other water based products in your regimen.
It can be used in the morning and the evening, although it does have some conflicts which you can see below, therefore you might find you can only use this once a day.
Niacinamide is foaming. This is quite a common problem. Try using less product. Another tip is to make sure your skin is really well cleansed with no residue from your cleanser.
- Regulates sebum
- Minimises pores
- When & How: Morning & Evening before emulsions, creams and oils
- Conflicts: Pure Vitamin C (ELAA) Ethylated Ascorbic Acid & (LAA) L´Ascorbic Acid Power
The Ordinary Salicylic Acid
Salicylic Acid is a water based product that helps fight acne and evens skin tone and can be used all over your face or as a spot treatment. Apply a couple of drops directly to cleansed skin or as one of your first layers if using other water based products.
The Salicylic Acid foams when applying. If this happens, try using a lot less product. Another tip is to make sure your skin is well cleansed with no residue left from your cleanser.
- Flights acne
- Evens skintone
- Spot treatment or apply to entire face
- When & How: Morning and evening, a few drops directly on your face.
- Conflicts other Direct Acids, EUK 134 (antioxidant) Peptides which includes Buffet, Buffet + Copper, Matrixyl, Argireline.
Plant Derived Squalane Oil
Squalane is a wonderful oil which can be used on your skin or hair. Apply a few drops in the evening after Niacinamide for extra hydration. It´ s one of my favourite oils and fabulous for dry lips too!
- Prevents moisture loss
- Non-comedogenic – suitable for use on all skin types
- When & How: AM & PM, after water solutions
- Solution: Oil
- Great for hair too
If you´re new to The Ordinary and skincare in general, I highly recommend starting with a set regimen or asking Deciem for a personalised regimen. You will save time, money and a lot of stress.