Are you looking for The Ordinary Pycnogenol Reviews? We have reviews on all The Ordinary & NIOD products from over 200,000 members in the Deciem Chat Room Community on Facebook and Instagram.
Pycnogenol Reviews – Pycnogenol is my favourite antioxidant to use. It´s a beautiful strong, red colour and the texture is perfect, not to thick or thin. It glides on and sinks into my skin beautifully. Please note that it is a 15ml bottle and not a 30ml bottle.
Your Quick 15-Second Summary
- 64% of the Deciem Addicts love it
- A beautiful deep red serum.
- Pycnogenol targets skin hydration and elasticity
- 15ml bottle (not 30ml)
- The solution is anhydrous but it´s not too oily
- You would apply this either directly after cleansing followed by moisturiser or after water-based products and before creams.
- The Ordinary offer a 365-day return policy if you buy direct.
Are you looking for The Ordinary Pycnogenol Reviews? We have reviews from over 200,000 Deciem Addicts in the Facebook Group (The Ordinary & NIOD Chat Room) and on Instagram. Come and connect with people who have bought, tried and tested these products.
- Unboxing Pycnogenol
- What is Pycnogenol & what does Pycnogenol do?
- When & how do I use Pycnogenol?
- Does Pycnogenol have any conflicts?
- Photos of Pycnogenol
- Pycnogenol Reviews
- Check the price in your currency here.
Unboxing The Ordinary Pycnogenol & Pycnogenol Reviews
See the packing, bottle, instructions, ingredients, colour and consistency before you buy it.
What is The Ordinary Pycnogenol?
The Ordinary says: Pycnogenol® is a unique, powerful plant-derived antioxidant that protects against environmental stressors before they can cause damage to the skin. Pycnogenol ® is a natural plant extract derived from the pine bark of French maritime pine trees.
Pycnogenol® contains procyanidins, bioflavonoids, and organic acids that work in synergy to rejuvenate the skin, to enhance skin hydration and elasticity while nourishing the skin from the inside out.
When & How To Use Pycnogenol
Pycnogenol would be applied after cleansing and after your water-based products if used. You could apply this directly after cleansing and then follow with your heavier creams. The Ordinary Pycnogenol can be used in the morning or evening.
You can also mix this with other treatments to enhance their antioxidant capacity significantly.
- Pycnogenol® is a natural plant extract derived from the pine bark of French maritime pine trees.
- It contains procyanidins, bioflavonoids, and organic acids
- Works in synergy to rejuvenate the skin
- Enhances skin hydration and elasticity.
- It has the ability to selectively bind to collagen and elastin, and Pycnogenol® protects these proteins from degradation.
- Helping to nourish the skin from the inside out
- A unique and powerful antioxidant.
- Pycnogenol® scavenges for free radicals before they cause damage by oxidative stress.
- It can also recycle oxidized Vitamin C to restore its activity.
- The Ordinary Pycnogenol® 5% is free of artificial colours.
- The formula’s deep red colour is due to the high procyanidin content in Pycnogenol®.
- After application, it is best to wash your hands and avoid product contact with light-coloured fabric as it may stain.
Does Pycnogenol have any conflicts?
Pycnogenol should not be used in the same routine as copper peptides. You can use one in the morning and the other in the evening or on different days. Regardless of conflicts, it is best to patch-test products before using and pay attention to how your skin looks and feels when you start to layer products.
- NIOD CAIL
- NIOD CAIS
- The Ordinary Buffet + Copper Peptides
- The Ordinary Products You Can & Cannot Mix
What is the texture, colour and smell of The Ordinary Pycnogenol?
The colour is a deep orange/red, as you can see in the photos and video below. The texture is oily, but it absorbs really well into to skin, leaving it feeling plump and hydrated with a glow. It doesn´t leave skin feeling sticky or oily. Remember, you only need one or two drops. There is a strong smell; it is a healthy, fruity, and medicinal smell. I love it.
PAO of Pycnogenol
The period after opening is 6 months.
Size of Pynogenol
This antioxidant is a 15ml bottle!
How to layer The Ordinary Pycnogenol
I often use this on its own. Sometimes after water-based serums, or on a really lazy day, I mix a drop with my Natural Moisturizing Factors. You can also combine this with a vitamin C product.
You can find more information about How To Layer The Ordinary & NIOD here but below are just some examples.
Start with cleansed skin + Pycnogenol + Natural Moisturizing Factors
Is my The Ordinary Pycnogenol authentic?
To avoid concerns about a product being fake, always buy from one of the many authorized Deciem stockists. This product was purchased directly from Deciem March 2021. You can read more about fake The Ordinary products here.
The Ordinary Pycnogenol Polls
Reviews are by the moderators and members of the Independent Deciem Chat Room Community on Facebook and Instagram.
“I love using Pycnogenol. I’ve used it neat on its own after other serums and before my moisturizer in the mornings, and my skin feels amazing after application. I’ve also mixed it with Ethylated Ascorbic Acid for an antioxidant boost and mixed it with my moisturizer when in a hurry! It absorbs well into my skin, and as an antioxidant, it’s good to know my skin is being protected even if I can’t yet see any other improvements. – Rachel @beautyandtheballroom, “
“I used Pycnogenol mixed with Natural Moisturising Factors in the evening. I didn’t notice any major difference in my skin, but it went well and didn’t feel too greasy. From what I understand, it’s more of a preventative antioxidant, so while I didn’t see any benefit, it should be working behind the scenes for me! – Jess @sk.insta.story.com “
“I adore Pycnogenol, especially when mixing up TO L-Ascorbic Acid Powder. It’s the magic ingredient that makes the power easy to apply, and you get a giant vit C/antioxidant treatment. – Rachael @rachiecandice, “
“I had been using Pycnogenol mixed with my 100% LAA powder. Dissolved easily, I felt great knowing I had that extra antioxidant boost. – Tracy @my.face.space “
More Pycnogenol Reviews
“I ❤️ The Ordinary Pycnogenol, and I always combine it with Vit C in my am routine. Already using 3rd bottle. See a huge difference❣️ – HS“
“I like Pycnogenol and use it in my AM routine with Ascorbyl Glucoside. – A.B.“
“I love Pycnogenol. I´ve been using it for 1,5 months in the AM, after every serum. I heard it works well with SPF and vitamin C, so it’s a morning thing for me. My skin feels bouncy, firmer and healthier with it. And you don’t need much.“
“I REALLY love Pycnogenol. Always combine it with my vitamin C to prevent oxidation. Its effect is subtle (it is hard to say what it is thanks to this product), but it seems to enhance the vitamin C glow.“
“The Ordinary Pycnogenol gives me glowy and firm skin.“
Some of these Pycnogenol FAQs have been answered by The Ordinary.
1.Can The Ordinary Pycnogenol be used every day? Yes, it can.
2. When is the best time to use Pycnogenol? You can use it in the morning and evening.
3. Can Pycnogenol be used with Ascorbyl Glucoside 12% and Buffet + Copper Peptides? It may be used with Ascorbyl Glucoside. We would suggest alternating between Pycnogenol 5% and Copper Peptides.
4. Is this the stronger version of EUK? Can I use this with vitamin C serum? Both antioxidants are powerful and potent in their own right. However, they differ in their mechanism of function. You can use Vitamin C with Pycnogenol 5%.
5. Can Pycnogenol be effective if mixed with an oil? Yes, can mix Pycnogenol 5% with an oil.
6. Can I mix this with Squalane Oil? Yes, you can!
7. Can I mix Pycnogenol with Hyaluronic Acid? We would suggest using Hyaluronic Acid first.
More FAQS About Pycnogenol
8. What’s the difference between Pycnogenol and Resveratrol & Ferulic Acid? The Ordinary Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3% helps to support the skin’s defence against oxidative stress caused by environmental factors that play a major role in the loss of visible skin quality over time. Pycnogenol 5% helps to enhance skin hydration and rebuild skin elasticity.
9. What serums or ingredients should I avoid using this with? We suggest avoiding products containing Copper Peptides
10. Is Pycnogenol good for oily skin? Yes, it´s excellent for all skin types.
11. Do I use Pycnogenol or ELAN first? We would suggest using Pycnogenol 5% first.
12. Would this be used as well as, or instead of Buffet (Multi-Peptide + HA Serum)? Yes, it can be used in conjunction with “Buffet
13. Can Pycnogenol stain my face? It will not, as only a small amount is needed.
Final Thoughts On Pycnogenol 5% by The Ordinary
65% of the Deciem Addicts love The Ordinary Pycnogenol, 56% say they have seen an improvement in their skin, and 51% will be repurchasing it.
I absolutely love this product. I find it hydrates, plumps and gives a fantastic glow but don’t just take my word for it. Please read the reviews on the Instagram post.
Please remember that this product is 15ml, not 30ml. I would 100% recommend giving Pycnogenol a go.