You can add these directly to your basket
The Ordinary pigmentation routine will look like this
The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin – Pigmentation Routine
- Alpha Arbutin is available in 2 sizes 30ml & 60ml.
- Targets: Fades pigmentation & dark spots.
- You can use this in the morning and evening. Just apply a few drops to your skin. Pat or massage in until fully absorbed.
- This is a water-based product and would be applied after cleansing and before any oils or creams. If you are using Niacinamide too, but dark spots are your main concern, use this first, then Niacinamide. If pores are your biggest concern, apply niacinamide first.
The Ordinary Niacinamide
- Niacinamide is available in 30ml and 60ml.
- Targets: Visible shine, signs of congestion, textural irregularities, dullness, dryness.
- You can use this in the morning and evening.
- This is water-based and would be applied after cleansing but before any oils and creams.
- Conflicts: The Ordinary has been back and forth regarding conflicts. It was advised to not use in the same routine as pure/direct vitamin C, and now they advise avoiding using with all vitamin C products, including derivatives. They also say that if you used both products without irritation, you can continue to do so.
The Ordinary Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate – not available
- 30ml Tube. Currently unavailable.
- Targets: Brightens skin, evens tone, signs of ageing
- It can be used in the morning and in the evening.
- Where: This would be used after water-based solutions.
- Avoid using it in the same routine as Niacinamide.
The Ordinary Azelaic Acid
Azelaic Acid is a fabulous emulsion product that brightens your skin and evens skin tone.
- Available in 2 sizes. 30ml & 100ml.
- Targets: Brighten, evens skin tone, textural irregularities.
- When: Ideally, this should be used in the evening.
- Where: This would come towards the end of your routine after water-based products. Some people apply this before moisturiser, and some apply it after.
The Ordinary Pigmentation & Melasma
Read more about Pigmentation & Melasma and the best Ordinary products to use.
- Melasma tends to be symmetrical patches that can occur at the jaws, cheeks, under-eye, forehead or upper lip.
- Sunspots can occur anywhere the sun hits the skin
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation follows acne, leaving dark spots.
Please be aware that The Ordinary states that their products are not for Melasma, and you should consult with a specialist. If it is possible, I highly recommend speaking to a dermatologist who can prescribe you a mix of fabulous ingredients to really help the pigmentation. It´s crucial to invest in a good sun cream, a fabulous hat and avoid the direct sun whenever you can.
- General Signs of Ageing Regimen
- The Ordinary Pigmentation Regimen
- Dehydration Regimen
- Look of Blemishes & Congestion
- Textural Irregularities Regimen
- The Ordinary Rosacea Regimen
- Oily Skin Regimen
- Sensitive Skin Routine
- Personalized routines in the Facebook Group, NIOD & Hylamide routines
- The Ordinary Skincare Routines
- Personalized Ordinary Routines
- How to layer The Ordinary
- Find your skin type