Looking for a regimen for dehydrated skin? Here’s the simple dehydration regimen using The Ordinary with just 3 products recommended by Deciem.
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Natural Moisturising Factors
- Plant-Derived Squalane Oil
- High Adherence Primer (optional)
Your Routine Would Look Like This
|Morning||Cleanse | Hyaluronic Acid | Natural Moisturising Factors | SPF|
|Evening||Cleanse | Hyaluronic Acid | Squalane Oil|
The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid can be found under the Hydration / Oils category.
When & How Do I Use Hyaluronic Acid
- You can use this in the morning and or evening
- Apply a couple of drops to cleansed skin by massaging or patting
- Some people say to apply to damp skin. Deciem say to do whichever way you prefer.
- There are no conflicts with this product
- Other similar products are Marine Hyaluronics or NIOD MMHC2
Natural Moisturising Factors
Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA (Hyaluronic Acid). This is the most amazing moisturiser ever, in my opinion, I absolutely love it. Apply just a little on top of the Hyaluronic Acid for your morning routine. Make sure you buy the 100ml tube as it´s much better value.
Plant-Derived Squalane is one of my favourite oils in The Ordinary brand. It´s a wonderful oil that I find sinks into the skin really well. It´s amazing for dry lips too! Use this in your evening routine directly after the Hyaluronic Acid. Apply just a few drops and add more if you feel your skin needs it.
A quick guide to dehydrated skin
What is Dehydrated skin?
Dehydrated skin lacks moisture. This is slightly different to dry skin which lacks oil, but dry skin can also be dehydrated.
What does dehydrated skin feel and look like?
Dehydrated skin is tight and uncomfortable. It may also be more oily as the skin tries to compensate.
What causes dehydrated skin?
The main cause of dehydrated skin is over-cleansing, especially with harsh foaming cleansers. Also, rinsing the skin with hot water, dry arid environments, air conditioning, and central heating can contribute to dehydration.
Which ingredients/Deciem Products are good for dehydrated skin?
- SubQ Mist by Hylamide/SDSM 2 by NIOD– Hydrating mists are a great way to instantly rehydrate skin
- Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5– HA is a very powerful humectant, this means it traps water and attracts it to the surface of the skin
- Marine Hyaluronics– Rich in hydrating algae extracts
- NMF– A good moisturiser is a must for treating dehydration, it will trap the moisture within the skin
- Oils– Any oil you choose will work to seal the skin, and stop hydration from being lost
Which ingredients should you avoid when you have dehydrated skin?
Avoid foaming cleansers and alcohol in skincare.