- Squalane Cleanser – add to basket
- Hyaluronic Acid – add to basket
- Natural Moisturising Factors – add to basket
- Plant-Derived Squalane Oil – add to basket
- High Adherence Primer (optional)
Looking for a regimen for dehydrated skin? Here’s the simple dehydration regimen using just 4 products by The Ordinary.
Regimen was published by The Ordinary.
The Ordinary routine would look like this.
|Morning||Cleanse | Hyaluronic Acid | Natural Moisturising Factors | SPF|
|Evening||Cleanse | Hyaluronic Acid | Squalane Oil | Natural Moisturizing Factors (optional)|
If you already have a cleanser you are happy with, there´s no need to purchase a new one. You could add a drop of the Squalane Oil to Natural Moisturising factors or use them separately.
The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid
The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid can be found under the Hydration/Oils category.
When & How Do I Use Hyaluronic Acid
- You can use this in the morning and/or evening.
- Apply a couple of drops to cleansed skin.
- Many people say to apply this to damp skin, although The Ordinary says to do whichever way you prefer.
- There are no conflicts with Hyaluronic Acid.
- Other similar products are Marine Hyaluronics or NIOD MMHC2
Natural Moisturising Factors
Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA (Hyaluronic Acid). This is the most fantastic moisturiser ever, in my opinion. I absolutely love it. Apply just a little on top of the Hyaluronic Acid for your morning routine. This comes in 2 sizes, 30ml & 100ml. I would recommend the 100ml as it is much better value.
Plant-Derived Squalane is one of my favourite oils in The Ordinary brand. It´s a beautiful oil that I find sinks into the skin really well. It´s fantastic for dry lips too! Use this in your evening routine directly after the Hyaluronic Acid. Apply just a few drops and add more if you feel your skin needs it.
A quick guide to dehydrated skin
What is Dehydrated skin?
Dehydrated skin lacks moisture. This is slightly different to dry skin which lacks oil, but dry skin can also be dehydrated.
What does dehydrated skin feel and look like?
Dehydrated skin is tight and uncomfortable. It may also be more oily as the skin tries to compensate.
What causes dehydrated skin?
The main cause of dehydrated skin is over-cleansing, especially with harsh foaming cleansers. Other contributing factors include; rinsing the skin with hot water, dry arid environments, air conditioning, and central heating can contribute to dehydration.
Which ingredients/Deciem Products are good for dehydrated skin?
- SDSM 2 by NIOD – Hydrating mists are a great way to instantly rehydrate skin.
- Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5- HA is a very powerful humectant; this means it traps water and attracts it to the surface of the skin.
- Marine Hyaluronics– Rich in hydrating algae extracts
- NMF– A good moisturiser is a must for treating dehydration, it will trap the moisture within the skin
- Oils– Any oil you choose will work to seal the skin, and stop hydration from being lost
Which ingredients should you avoid with dehydrated skin?
Avoid foaming cleansers and alcohol in skincare.