Are you looking for a quick, easy skincare regimen for general signs of ageing? Deciem has put together this regimen using just 4 of the most popular products from The Ordinary brand and the whole routine will cost you less than £40.
General Signs of Ageing Regimen Products
Deciem has released a new signs of ageing routine that can be found here.
This is what your routine will look like
|Morning||Cleanse | Buffet | Hyaluronic Acid | SPF|
|Evening||Cleanse | Buffet | Retinoid | Rose Hip Seed Oil|
The Ordinary Buffet
A quick look at Buffet
- Buffet targets multiple signs of aging and firming.
- Use morning and evening
- Water-based – apply directly after cleansing
- Direct Acids
- Pure Vitamin C
- Always check conflicts as they are sometimes updated.
Buffet can be found under “Peptides” on the Deciem Website and you can read reviews on Buffet here. It´s a great product to use for overall skin health targeting multiple signs of ageing and firming.
It´s a water-based product so you would use it as one of the very first layers in your skincare routine. Apply a few drops to cleansed skin making sure it´s fully absorbed before applying the next product.
The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid
A quick look at Hyaluronic Acid
- Targets hydration and general skin health
- Apply morning and evening
- No conflicts
Hyaluronic Acid is a great product for hydration and general skin health. It´s a water-based product so you use it directly after cleansing or in this case after Buffet. You can use this in the morning and evening and there are no conflicts so it´s a great product to have. You can read all about layering The Ordinary here.
Retinoid 2% or 5% in Squalane
A quick look at Retinoid 2% in Squalane
- Targets general signs of ageing and textural irregularities.
- It´s best used in the evening only.
- Conflicts with other products that contain retinol/retinoid and Copper Peptides – always check conflicts as these do change.
- See the retinol/retinoid guide.
Retinoid targets signs of ageing and textural irregularities. You would use this in the evening only. This is an anhydrous solution, therefore you would apply after water-based products (if using) and before any creams or oils.
You can find more information on Layering The Ordinary here.
The Ordinary Rose Hip Seed Oil
A quick look at Rose Hip Seed Oil
- Signs of ageing
- This is best used in the evening only
- No conflicts
It´s a fabulous oil which targets dehydration, dullness and signs of ageing. Once you have applied your other serums, add a few drops of Rose Hip Seed Oil all over your face and leave as your last step or just before a heavy moisturiser if using.
Signs of Ageing & The Ordinary
What does it look/feel like?
As we age our skin loses collagen and elastin and becomes drier. Ageing skin has wrinkles and folds, it becomes thinner, less elastic and has less volume. There is more pigmentation and skin tone becomes uneven. You can find lots of information by Deciem all about signs of ageing in the Knowvember campaign.
Which The Ordinary products should I be using for ageing skin?
- The Ordinary Mineral UV Filters SPF 30– Sunscreen is the single most effective preventative treatment for ageing, it really is a must.
- Retinoids. Either Granactive Retinoid or Retinol can improve all signs of ageing.
- Vitamin C. Any of the Vitamin C products could improve the signs of ageing, The Ordinary has a great selection, 23% Vitamin C Suspension, 30% Vitamin C in Silicone, 100% Ascorbic Acid Powder.
- Buffet. Buffet and the other peptides, Matrixyl and Argireline can rebuild lost collagen and help firm the skin.
- Glycolic Acid Toner. Glycolic acid has good evidence to show that it can improve skin texture and reduce wrinkles
Which products should I avoid?
There are no specific products to avoid if you’re trying to treat ageing. Any product or ingredient that flares up inflammation within your skin should be avoided.
The Ordinary Skincare Routines
Find lots more of The Ordinary Regimens here, which including Dehydration, Pigmentation, Rosacea