Are you looking for a quick, easy skincare regimen for general signs of ageing? Deciem has put together this regimen using just 4 of the most popular products from The Ordinary brand and the whole routine will cost you less than £40.
General Signs of Ageing Regimen Products
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Granactive Retinoid 2% in Squalane
- Rose Hip Seed Oil
This is what your routine will look like
|Morning||Cleanse | Buffet | Hyaluronic Acid | SPF|
|Evening||Cleanse | Buffet | Retinoid | Rose Hip Seed Oil|
The Ordinary Buffet
A quick look at Buffet
- Buffet targets multiple signs of ageing and firming.
- Use morning and evening
- Conflicts include; The Direct Acids and products with pure vitamin c which means the Ethylated Ascorbic Acid (ELAA), L-Ascorbic Acid Powder (LAA), Vitamin C 23%, Vitamin C 30% and Ascorbic Acid + Alpha Arbutin. The 3 vitamin c derivatives are fine.
Buffet can be found under “Peptides” on the Deciem Website and you can read reviews on Buffet here. It´s a great product to use for overall skin health targeting multiple signs of ageing and firming.
It´s a water-based product so you would use it as one of the very first layers in your skincare routine. Apply a few drops to cleansed skin making sure it´s fully absorbed before applying Hyaluronic Acid.
The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid
A quick look at Hyaluronic Acid
- Targets hydration and general skin health
- Apply morning and evening
- No conflicts
Hyaluronic Acid is a great product for hydration and general skin health. It´s a water-based product so you use as your first layer or in this case after Buffet. You can use this in the morning and evening and there are no conflicts so it´s a great product to have. You can read all about layering The Ordinary here.
Retinoid 2% or 5% in Squalane
A quick look at Retinoid 2% in Squalane
- Targets general signs of ageing and textural irregularities.
- It´s best used in the evening only.
- Conflicts with other products that contain retinol/retinoid and Copper Peptides.
Retinoid targets signs of ageing and textural irregularities. You would use this in the evening only. It´s an anhydrous solution, therefore you would apply after water-based products (if using) and before any creams or oils.
You can find more information on Layering The Ordinary here.
The Ordinary Rose Hip Seed Oil
A quick look at Rose Hip Seed Oil
- Signs of ageing
- This is best used in the PM only
- No conflicts
It´s a fabulous oil which targets dehydration, dullness and signs of ageing. Once you have applied your other serums, add a few drops of Rose Hip Seed Oil all over your face and leave as your last step or just before a heavy moisturiser if using.
Signs of Ageing
What does it look/feel like?
As we age our skin loses collagen and elastin and becomes drier. Ageing skin has wrinkles and folds, it becomes thinner, less elastic and has less volume. There is more pigmentation and skin tone becomes uneven.
Which The Ordinary products should I be using for ageing skin?
- The Ordinary Mineral UV Filters SPF 30– Sunscreen is the single most effective preventative treatment for ageing, it really is a must.
- Retinoids. Either Granactive Retinoid or Retinol can improve all signs of ageing.
- Vitamin C. Any of the Vitamin C products could improve the signs of ageing, The Ordinary has a great selection, 23% Vitamin C Suspension, 30% Vitamin C in Silicone, 100% Ascorbic Acid Powder.
- Buffet. Buffet and the other peptides, Matrixyl and Argireline can rebuild lost collagen and help firm the skin.
- Glycolic Acid Toner. Glycolic acid has good evidence to show that it can improve skin texture and reduce wrinkles
Which products should I avoid?
There are no specific products to avoid if you’re trying to treat ageing. Any product or ingredient that flares up inflammation within your skin should be avoided.
The Ordinary Skincare Routines
Find lots more of The Ordinary Regimens here, which including Dehydration, Pigmentation, Rosacea