Please note that this is an older version of a routine given by The Ordinary.
Blemishes & Congestion Regimen
Are you looking for a simple regimen for the look of blemishes and congestion? Here’s a simple regimen by The Ordinary comprising of just 3 products. Further down, you can read about the look of blemishes and congestion, why it occurs and the products you should use and avoid.
- Niacinamide – add to basket
- Salicylic Acid – add to basket
- Plant-Derived Squalane Oil – add to basket
Your routine will look like this
|Morning||Cleanse | Niacinamide | SPF|
|Evening||Cleanse | Salicylic Acid | Niacinamide|
- What is the look of blemishes & congestion?
- What does look of blemishes and congestion look and feel like?
- The possible causes of the look of blemishes & congestion?
- Which ingredients/Deciem products are good for the look of blemishes and congestion?
- Ingredients you should avoid for blemishes and congestion?
The Ordinary Niacinamide
Niacinamide is a water-based serum that regulates sebum and minimizes pores. You can use this directly on cleansed skin or as one of the first layers if you’re using other water-based products in your regimen.
- Regulates sebum
- Minimizes pores
- Use Niacinamide in the morning and/or evening.
- Apply Niacinamide before emulsions, creams, and oils.
- Conflicts: Pure Vitamin C (ELAA) Ethylated Ascorbic Acid & (LAA) L´Ascorbic Acid Power. The vitamin C derivatives are fine to use.
- Read Niacinamide reviews
The Ordinary Salicylic Acid
Salicylic Acid is a water-based product that helps fight acne and evens skin tone and can be used all over your face or as a spot treatment. Apply a couple of drops directly to cleansed skin or as one of your first layers if using other water-based products.
- Fights acne
- Evens skin tone
- Spot treatment or apply to the entire face
- Use a few drops directly on your fac in the morning and eveninge.
- Conflicts other Direct Acids, EUK 134 (antioxidant) Peptides, which include Buffet, Buffet + Copper, Matrixyl, and Argireline.
- Read Salicylic Acid reviews
Plant-Derived Squalane Oil
Squalane is a wonderful oie used on your skin or hair. Apply a few drops in the evening after Niacinamide for extra hydration. It´s one of my favourite oils and fabulous for dry lips too!
- Prevents moisture loss
- Non-comedogenic – suitable for use on all skin types
- Use Squalane Oil in the morning or evening.
- Apply after water-based products.
- Great for lips and hair too
- Read Squalane reviews
Blemishes & Congestion
What is the look of blemishes & congestion?
Whiteheads, cysts, blackheads, and closed comedones all come under the heading of acne.
What does it look and feel like?
Acne causes bumps, spots, and blocked pores. It can be painful and unsightly, not to mention difficult to treat. Acne can lead to scarring, which presents its own skincare challenges.
What causes the look of blemishes & congestion?
Acne is caused by excess oil, which may be genetic or caused by hormones.
Which ingredients/Deciem Products are good for the look of blemishes and congestion?
- Salicylic Acid 2% Masque– Salicylic acid is oil soluble and works to clear pores.
- Azelaic Acid 10% Suspension– Azelaic is a fantastic allrounder for acne-prone skin; it reduces inflammation, kills bacteria and exfoliates.
- Niacinamide 10% + Zinc– Niacinamide reduces inflammation and hydrates; in some cases, it can really be a cure for acne. Zinc is antibacterial and can help reduce oil production.
Which ingredients should you avoid for blemishes and congestion?
Avoid pure plant oils, which may increase pore-clogging; avoid stripping the skin with foaming cleansers and alcohol toners.
Find my skin type & skin conditions.
- What´s your skin type?
- Pigmentation & melasma
- Rosacea and the best The Ordinary products to use
- The Ordinary & Tretinoin
You may find how to layer The Ordinary useful and The Ordinary products you can and cannot mix. It´s important to introduce one product at a time and always patch test. If you rush in and apply 2 or 3 products and have a reaction, you will have no idea which product caused it.