NIOD Signs of Ageing Routine – NIOD seems really confusing, but I guarantee you that once you get the hang of it, it´s actually quite easy. Below is a skincare routine targeting the Signs of Ageing using the NIOD products. You could buy the complete routine. However, if you are on a budget, you could mix some of the products up with The Ordinary.
NIOD Signs of Ageing Skincare Routine
NIOD recently posted about these products for a routine targeting the NIOD Signs of Ageing Routine.
The 5 NIOD Products For Your Signs of Ageing Routine
- Sanskrit Saponins (cleanser)
- Myrrh Clay (masque)
- Copper Amino Isolate Serum 3 1:1 (serum)
- Multi-Molecular Hyaluronic Complex (serum)
- Hydration Vaccine
Your Step By Step Guide To Applying Your Products
- Firstly, start with cleansed skin. You can use your usual cleanser.
- Then apply 2/3 drops of NIOD CAIS to your face and neck. You can pat or massage it in. If you feel you need more, add more, but this is expensive, so go easy.
- Once the Copper Amino Isolate Serum is absorbed, put 2/3 drops of NIOD Hyaluronic in the palm of your hand and massage or pat onto your skin.
- When NIOD Hyaluronic is absorbed, you can then apply a small amount of NIOD Hydration Vaccine. This is kind of like a vaseline to seal everything in. If you´re on a budget, leave this out and use Natural Moisturizing Factors. You may also prefer just to use Hydration Vaccine at night.
- You need to see what works for you as during the day, you may wear makeup and SPF, so you may find it´s too much product.
- Sanskrit Saponins. This is a cleanser, and it can also be used as a 5-minute masque. When you use this, avoid the eye area. This is for your second cleanse. It´s not a make-up remover and is not for everyday use.
- Myrrh Clay is a masque that targets signs of ageing and can be used once a week. You leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse it off.
The NIOD Regimen is out of my budget
If you really want to try this regimen but the whole routine is out of your budget, mix it up with The Ordinary. You can leave out NIOD HV Hydration Vaccine and use Natural Moisturizing Factors or your current moisturizer.
You may find The Ordinary Vs NIOD page useful.
The NIOD Signs of Ageing Regimen Products
Sanskrit Saponins – NIOD SS
You could start with Sanskrit Saponins, which is a cleanser and really gets your skin squeaky clean. This can also be used as a 5-minute mask. If you have a cleanser you love, you could save your money and skip this product. Alternatively, you could look at the other The Ordinary & NIOD Cleansers here. This is not a make-up remover and not really for everyday use.
Myrrh Clay – NIOD MC
NIOD MC Myrrh Clay comes in a 50ml glass jar. This is a 15-minute mask you can use once or twice a week. It´s for signs of ageing and for firming. I really see a difference when I use this, particularly around my nasolabial folds. This has become a regular when it comes to masques.
Copper Amino Isolate Serum – NIOD CAIS3 1:1
CAIS 3 comes in a 15ml and 30ml bottle. NIOD CAIS 3 is applied directly after cleansing. It is pricey, but people swear by this product. If it´s out of your price range, you could try The Ordinary Multi-Peptide + Copper Peptides. This product is bright blue, so don´t get a shock when you open it.
Multi-Molecular Hyaluronic Complex – NIOD Signs of Ageing Routine
NIOD MMHC2 comes in a 15ml and 30ml bottle. This is a beautiful hyaluronic, and only once you´ve tried this and The Ordinary will you see and feel the difference, but it is 10 times the price of The Ordinary? You decide. If you feel this is a little out of your budget, you could look at The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid, The Ordinary Marine Hyaluronics or Amino Acids.
Hydration Vaccine – NIOD HV
This is kind of like a thick Vaseline without the stickiness. NIOD HV is available in a 50ml glass jar or a 100ml tube. Apply this after all your serums. Think of it like a blanket, keeping everything nicely tucked in. If you prefer not to spend the money on this one, you could then choose one of the 3 Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors now available.
This is the NIOD Signs of Ageing Routine
If you have pigmentation, you could add Re: Pigment to your skincare routine. If you want to focus on brighter skin, you could incorporate NIOD ELAN and remove CAIS 3. There´s also NIOD FECC, the eye serum and NIOD LBLC, the fabulous lip serum. You can create lots of different skincare routines with NIOD and The Ordinary, and don´t be scared to mix it up. Check The Ordinary Vs NIOD page.