Are you looking for a quick, easy skincare regimen for oily skin? Deciem
How do I know if my skin is oily?
You may already have a clear idea of your own skin type, but if not, here is a way to help you find out. After cleansing with your usual cleanser, don’t apply any products but leave skin rest for two hours then have a look at it in the mirror. If after 2 hours you have visible oil and shininess, then you are oily.
The Ordinary Products for Oily Skin
What Your Routine Will Look Like
|Morning||Cleanse | Niacinamide | Natural Moisturising Factors | Primer (optional) | SPF|
|Evening||Cleanse | Salicylic Acid | Niacinamide|
The Ordinary Niacinamide
A quick look At Niacinamide
- Regulates sebum
- Minimizes pores
- Now available in 30ml & 60ml
When & How
- You can use this in the morning and/or evening
- Apply just a few drops and massage or pat into your skin. Use just a small amount if you find this starts to foam up. Also, make sure your skin is really clean with no residue left from your cleanser.
- This is a well-loved product but it is highly recommended to patch test first.
- Pure Vitamin C
- Vitamin C 23%
- Vitamin C 30%
- L-Ascorbic Acid Powder
- Ethylated Ascorbic Acid
- Ascorbic Acid & Alpha Arbutin
- The Vitamin C derivatives are fine to use.
Niacinamide is The Ordinary´s best selling product according to Deciem and there are some amazing reviews in The Ordinary & Deciem Chat Room Facebook Group, but it doesn´t agree with everyone. Please, always patch test these products.
The Ordinary Salicylic Acid
A quick look at Salicylic Acid
- Lacklustre Tone
- Appearance of Blemishes
When & How
- Apply morning and/or evening
- Apply to cleansed dry skin either as a spot treatment or all over your face.
- Direct acids
EUK134 0.1% (antioxidant)
- Peptides which include, Buffet, Buffet + Copper, Matrixyl or Argireline.
Salicylic Acid is a beta hydroxy acid that exfoliates the skin. This 2% treatment solution helps exfoliate the inside walls of pores to fight the appearance of blemishes and for better visible skin clarity with continued use.
Warning! There are some people that have had allergic reactions to this product, therefore it is highly advised to do a patch test before using. Please also read all about The Ordinary Salicylic Acid before buying or using.
The Ordinary also
Natural Moisturising Factors
A quick look at Natural Moisturising Factors (NMF)
- Skin repair
- Available in 30ml & 100ml. Buy the 100ml, it´s much better value.
When & How To Use
- Use this in the morning and or evening
- Apply a small amount and add more if you need
- Use after all water-based products and just before you apply your SPF.
- Some suspensions may be applied after this, for example, Vitamin C 23%, 30% Azelaic Acid. (Sometimes Deciem say before and sometimes after, see what works for you).
About Oily Skin
Finding My Skin Type
You may already have a clear idea of your own skin type, but if not, here is a way to help you find out. After cleansing with your usual cleanser, don’t apply any products but leave skin rest for two hours then have a look at it in the mirror.
- If after 2 hours you have visible oil and shininess, then you are oily
Read about other skin types and The Ordinary.
Important notes– Daily sun protection is very important regardless of skin type.
How to treat oily skin
If you have oily skin, you are more likely to suffer from acne and blocked pores. You might find that makeup doesn’t last very long and you look pretty shiny all the time. Dehydration can worsen oiliness.
Skincare aims: Exfoliation, oil reduction and pore cleansing
Ingredients to avoid: Plant oils can clog pores
Ingredients to search out: Gentle foaming cleansers, clay masks, acids, retinoids and watery hydrators
Other The Ordinary Product suggestions:
- Lactic Acid 10% + HA
- Salicylic 2% Masque
- Niacinamide 10% + Zinc,
- Retinol 0.5% in Squalane