- Salicylic Acid 2% Solution – Add to basket
- Niacinamide – Add to basket
- Natural Moisturizing Factors – Add to basket
Please note that this is an older version of a skincare routine put together by The Ordinary.
The Ordinary Products for Oily Skin
- Natural Moisturising Factors
- Salicylic Acid
- Silicone Primer (optional)
This is what your routine will look like
|Morning||Cleanse | Niacinamide | Natural Moisturising Factors | Primer (optional) | SPF|
|Evening||Cleanse | Salicylic Acid | Niacinamide|
The Ordinary Niacinamide
Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
- Targets: Regulates sebum, minimizes pores
- Available in 30ml & 60ml
- You can use niacinamide AM & PM
- Apply directly after cleansing or after other water-based products but before oils/creams.
- There is also a Niacinamide Power. It has a lot more conflicts than The Ordinary Niacinamide Serum. If you are new to skincare, I would recommend using the serum.
The Ordinary Salicylic Acid
- Targets: Lacklustre tone, the appearance of blemishes
- Apply morning and/or evening
- Apply to cleansed dry skin either as a spot treatment or all over your face.
Natural Moisturizing Factors
Natural Moisturizing Factors
- Targets: Hydration, Skin repair
- Available in 30ml & 100ml. The 100ml is better value.
- Use morning, evening, whenever you wish.
The Balance Set by The Ordinary
You could also look at purchasing The Balance Set that includes the Salicylic Acid Masque.
You could also look at purchasing The Balance Set and buy the Salicylic Acid 2% or the Salicylic Acid Anhydrous Solution separately.
The set includes;
- Squalane Cleanser
- Salicylic Acid Masque
- Natural Moisturizing Factors
The Balance Set Targets
- Look of visible shine
- Reduces the look of enlarged pores
- Reduces the look of textural irregularities
- Enhances skin radiance
About Oily Skin
About Oily Skin & Oily Skin Regimens
- How do I know if my skin is oily?
- The best The Ordinary products for oily skin.
- How do I find my skin type?
- Treating Oily skin.
How do I know if my skin is oily?
You may already have a clear idea of your own skin type, but if not, here is a way to help you find out. After cleansing with your usual cleanser, don’t apply any products but leave the skin to rest for two hours, then look at it in the mirror. If after 2 hours you have visible oil and shininess, you are oily.
Finding My Skin Type
You may already have a clear idea of your own skin type, but if not, here is a way to help you find out. After cleansing with your usual cleanser, don’t apply any products but leave the skin to rest for two hours then have a look at it in the mirror.
- If after 2 hours you have visible oil and shininess, then you are oily
Read about other skin types and The Ordinary.
Important notes– Daily sun protection is very important regardless of skin type.
How to treat oily skin
If you have oily skin, you are more likely to suffer from acne and blocked pores. You might find that makeup doesn’t last very long and you look pretty shiny all the time. Dehydration can worsen oiliness.
Skincare aims: Exfoliation, oil reduction and pore cleansing
Ingredients to avoid: Plant oils can clog pores
Ingredients to search out: Gentle foaming cleansers, clay masks, acids, retinoids and watery hydrators
Other The Ordinary Product suggestions: