The Ordinary Oily Skincare Routine & The Best The Ordinary Products For Oily Skin
The Ordinary Oily Skincare Routine – You can add these products direct to your basket
- 🛒 Salicylic Acid 2% Solution
- 🛒 Niacinamide
- 🛒 Natural Moisturizing Factors
- 🛒 Silicone Primer (optional)
Oily Skin Regimen using The Ordinary
This is your morning and evening skincare routine using The Ordinary.
The Ordinary Niacinamide
Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
- Targets: Regulates sebum, minimizes pores
- Available in 30ml & 60ml
- You can use niacinamide AM & PM
- Apply directly after cleansing or after other water-based products but before oils/creams.
- There is also a Niacinamide Powder, but it has a lot more conflicts than The Ordinary Niacinamide Serum. If you are new to skincare, I would recommend using the serum.
The Ordinary Salicylic Acid
- Targets: Lacklustre tone, the appearance of blemishes
- Apply morning and/or evening
- Apply to cleansed dry skin either as a spot treatment or all over your face.
Natural Moisturizing Factors
Natural Moisturizing Factors
- Targets: Hydration, Skin repair
- Available in 30ml & 100ml. The 100ml is better value.
- Use morning, evening, or whenever you wish.
- There are now 3 The Ordinary moisturizers to choose from and you may wish to look at Natural Moisturizing Factors + Beta Glucan for Oily Skin.
The Balance Set by The Ordinary
You could also look at purchasing The Balance Set that includes the Salicylic Acid Masque.
You could also look at purchasing The Balance Set and buy the Salicylic Acid 2% or the Salicylic Acid Anhydrous Solution separately.
The Balance Set includes;
- Squalane Cleanser
- Salicylic Acid Masque
- Natural Moisturizing Factors
All About Oily Skin
About Oily Skin & Oily Skin Regimens
- How do I know if my skin is oily?
- The best The Ordinary products for oily skin.
- How do I find my skin type?
- Treating Oily skin.
How do I know if my skin is oily?
You may already have a clear idea of your own skin type, but if not, here is a way to help you find out. After cleansing with your usual cleanser, don’t apply any products but leave the skin to rest for two hours, then look at it in the mirror. If after 2 hours you have visible oil and shininess, you are oily.
Finding My Skin Type
You may already have a clear idea of your own skin type, but if not, here is a way to help you find out. After cleansing with your usual cleanser, don’t apply any products but leave the skin to rest for two hours, then have a look at it in the mirror.
- If after 2 hours you have visible oil and shininess, then you are oily
Read about other skin types and The Ordinary.
Important notes– Daily sun protection is very important regardless of skin type.
How to treat oily skin
If you have oily skin, you are more likely to suffer from acne and blocked pores. You might find that makeup doesn’t last very long, and you look pretty shiny all the time. Dehydration can worsen oiliness.
Skincare aims: Exfoliation, oil reduction and pore cleansing
Ingredients to avoid: Plant oils can clog pores
Ingredients to search out: Gentle foaming cleansers, clay masks, acids, retinoids and watery hydrators
The Best The Ordinary Products For Oily Skin
- Lactic Acid 5% & 10% + HA
- Salicylic 2% Masque
- Niacinamide 10% + Zinc
- Niacinamide Powder
- Retinol 0.5% in Squalane
- Natural Moisturizing Factors + Beta Glucan
Examples of more skincare routines & how to layer
- Cleanse – Niacinamide – Natural Moisturizing Factors + Beta Glucan + SPF
- Cleanse – Hyaluronic Acid/Marine Hyaluronics/Amino Acids – Niacinamide – Natural Moisturizing Factors – SPF
Cleanse – Niacinamide – Retinol – Natural Moisturizing Factors + Beta Glucan
The Ordinary Cleanser – Lactic Acid 5% – Niacinamide – Natural Moisturizing Factors
Cleanse – Salicylic Acid Masque + Moisturizer
Avoid Retinol & Acids in the same routine.
The Ordinary Guides
- The Ordinary Skincare Routines
- More Deciem Routines
- How To Layer The Ordinary Guide
- Products you can and cannot mix