The Ordinary Salicylic Acid Masque Reviews – Are you considering adding this to your skincare routine? This wonderful masque can be used once or twice a week and targets signs of congestion, dullness and textural irregularities.
Your Quick 15-Second Summary
- 72% of the #deciemaddicts love it
- Great for oily skin
- Targets: signs of congestion, dullness and textural irregularities
- Conflicts: Direct Acids, Direct Vitamin C, Retinoids, Peptides, EUK, Niacinamide Powder
- You can use this once or twice a week in the evenings
- Available in 2 sizes: 50ml & 100ml
- Value for money – 50ml is just under 15$, and 100ml is just under 27$. If used once or twice a week, this should last a good few months. I would recommend buying the smaller tube to start to be sure you like it.
The Ordinary Salicylic Acid Masque Reviews
Everything you need to know about The Ordinary Salicylic Acid Masque, including reviews, when & how to use it, conflicts and unboxing video.
- Unboxing The Ordinary Salicylic Acid Masque.
- What is the Salicylic Acid Masque, and what does it do?
- When and how to use the Salicylic Acid Masque
- Which products conflict with the masque?
- Photos of authentic Salicylic Acid Masque
- Unboxing The Ordinary Salicylic Acid Masque
- Salicylic Acid Masque Reviews
- The Ordinary Salicylic Acid PAO (period after opening) 6 months
- How to patch test The Ordinary Salicylic Acid Masque
- Available in 2 sizes 50ml & 100ml.
- Check the prices in your currency here.
Unboxing The Ordinary Salicylic Acid
See the product before you buy it! This is an official product purchased directly from The Ordinary.
What is The Salicylic Acid Masque & What Does it Do?
Salicylic Acid, 2% Masque, is formulated to target lacklustre tone and textural irregularities. The formula, infused with charcoal and clays, aims to enhance the appearance of smoothness and clarity, leaving the skin feeling refreshed.
- Lacklustre tone
- Textural irregularities
- Enhances the appearance of smoothness
- Leaves skin refreshed
- Removes dead skin cells on the surface of oily and blemish-prone skin
- Leaves skin more radiant
- Deep cleanses
The structure of salicylic acid facilitates its lipophilicity and miscibility with the lipids located on the surface of the skin. It is a suitable ingredient for targeting the removal of dead skin cells on the surface of oily and blemish-prone skin, with the purpose of revealing more radiant skin beneath.
Charcoal and clays are ingredients renowned for their deep cleansing abilities due to their porosity and large surface area available for adsorption.
They aid in the removal of facial impurities that would otherwise remain on the skin surface and clog pores. In comparison to Salicylic Acid 2% Solution, Salicylic Acid 2% Masque is a rinse-off formula. Leave on for no longer than 10 minutes to maximize the exfoliating benefits.
How & When Do I Use The Ordinary Masque?
You can use the Salicylic Acid Masque once or twice a week along with your other regimens. Before using, make sure your skin is really well-cleansed and dry before applying. It´s essential not to apply this to damp skin. Apply using your fingertips, making sure you have even coverage and avoid your eyes.
The masque can be left on for up to 10 minutes (like the AHA 30%), but no more. When rinsing this off, use lukewarm water and take really good care around your eye area. Patch tests are recommended. Please refer to Deciem´s official page for more information about this product and any skin irritations that may occur.
How to patch test The Ordinary Salicylic Acid Masque
- Apply the product as directed to a small area once a day for three days to test if you are sensitive to this product.
- If you develop severe irritation, hives, swelling of eyes and mouth, blistering, or difficulty breathing, rinse off, cease use and consult a physician right away.
Which products conflict with the Salicylic Acid Masque?
Please always read the instructions before use. The masque shouldn’t be used in the same regimen as;
- Other strong acids
- Direct Vitamin C
- EUK 134 0.1% (antioxidants)
- Peptides & Copper Peptides
- The Ordinary Conflicts Chart
The Ordinary Salicylic Acid Masque PAO
Once you have opened your product, it should be used within 6 months. Always bear the PAO (period after opening) in mind when buying products.
Photos of Authentic Salicylic Acid Masque
To avoid the risk of counterfeit products, always purchase from Deciem or one of their many authorised stockists.
The Ordinary Salicylic Acid Masque Polls
These Salicylic Acid Masque polls featured on Instagram and voted for by all the followers.
- 72% of the #deciemaddicts love it
- 67% say it has improved their skin
- 66% will repurchase it
The Salicylic Acid Masque Reviews
Reviews are by the moderators and the members of The Ordinary & Deciem Chat Room Facebook Group. Independently run group focusing on real reviews by you for you.
“I am super lucky to get a chance to try Deciem’s new Salicylic Acid 2% Masque. It’s £9.90 for 50mls and is vegan, cruelty-free, alcohol, oil, nut, and gluten-free. But it does contain fragrance, which may be an issue if you have sensitive skin. For reference, my skin type is oily and acne-prone.” – By Nia Patten,
“Salicylic acid is just the thing if you have congested skin or blackheads, and the clay and charcoal in the mask work to suck out any hardened sebum from your pores (this is the theory, anyway!). The mask has a perfect pH for exfoliating- 3.5-4.5, Clay usually has a high pH, so Deciem has formulated the mask perfectly to allow the salicylic acid to work effectively.”
“The mask is super black in colour and has a jelly texture with a very fine grittiness to it. There is a very subtle fragrance in it. It’s in no way overpowering. The mask dries down but never turns chalky. I can’t stand chalky clay masks that suck any trace of moisture, The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Masque isn’t like that. It contains squalane and humectant gels, which prevent it from drying.”
“After rinsing off, my skin feels really lovely and smooth, perfectly prepped for makeup. An extra massage while rinsing it off gives a bonus physical exfoliation that my skin sometimes needs. All in all, I recommend The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Masque for anyone with oily or clogged skin looking for a skin-clearing mask. “
“I love the salicylic acid masque … it goes on easily and, more importantly, removes easily without any pulling at the skin! It leaves my skin feeling so clean and soft without feeling like it’s been stripped dry. I have combination skin but like to use it as a ‘maintenance mask’ every so often.” – Rachel Maslin from Beauty & The Ballroom
“The 2% Salicylic Acid masque is a gentler way to incorporate the acid into your regimen. It’s a gritty jelly-like texture and a super black colour, thanks to the charcoal. I found it totally nonirritating and left my skin very smooth and clear. It’s a really nice product for congested skin and for prepping oily skin for makeup. The only problem is that it leaves a bit of a mess in the sink.”
“I have tried this, and I love it. I feel fresh after I use it, and I find it helps with clearing up my skin and a bit of scarring etc. My skin is dry but with minor acne.” – N.S.
MM says I just started using this, and I love it so far! Usually, at least twice a month, I get a huge pimple somewhere on my chin. Since I started using this, I either don’t get that pimple at all, or it’s noticeably smaller and goes away so much faster!! Love how smooth it makes my skin feel. – M.M
Salicylic Acid Masque Faqs
1.. Can I use The Ordinary Peptides once the Salicylic Acid is rinsed off? We´d suggest using peptides in alternate routines as the Salicylic Acid Masque.
2. Which The Ordinary products are best to use after using the Salicylic Acid Masque if I have dry skin? Hydrating serums or moisturizers would be great.
3. Do apply the mask to wet or dry skin? We recommend applying it to clean, dry skin
4. Does the Salicylic Acid Masque remove blackheads? The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Masque is a clarifying face masque that targets dull, blemish-prone skin.
5. What products should I not use with the Ordinary Salicylic Acid Masque? Other strong acids, retinoids, direct vitamin c, EUK 134, Peptides including Copper Peptides.
6. Can this be used to treat blackheads and whiteheads? Yes, it can help with signs of blemishes and congestion
7. Can I use the Salicylic Acid Masque with Vitamin C Suspension 23% HA Spheres 2%? Yes, we’d suggest using them in alternate routines to avoid irritation
8. Can I use the salicylic acid masque prior to applying niacinamide + zinc then the retinol 0.5% before the moisturiser? Ideally, we would avoid any resurfacing products (such as Retinol) after the Salicylic Acid 2% Masque, but Niacinamide and moisturizer can be applied after rinsing off the masque.
9. Is the Salicylic Acid Masque good for acne? We have not tested this product on acne-prone skin. Please keep in mind that this product is not formulated to treat acne.
Final Thoughts on The Ordinary Salicylic Acid Masque
As you can see, 72% of the Deciem Addicts love this masque, 67% say they have seen an improvement, and 66% will be repurchasing. This currently scores 4.6/5 on the Deciem website.
Some of the negative comments refer to the product’s size (this only came in the 50ml to start). I´ve personally used this about 12 times, and it still feels like I have a few applications left. Sometimes I apply it to the whole face, and sometimes, just to specific areas.
Tell Us What You Think!
We hope you found this Salicylic Acid Masue Review useful. On that note, we invite you to share your personal experiences or queries about The Salicylic Acid Masque. Join the conversation and become a part of our community in The Deciem Chat Room.