NIOD RP RE: Pigment Reviews- NIOD RP is a serum that targets pigmentation, dark spots, and visibly brightens skin. 58% of the Deciem Addicts on Instagram love it.
Your Quick 15-Second Summary
- NIOD RP stands for Re: Pigment
- It´s a light serum that targets pigmentation
- Visibly brightens skin tone
- The appearance of dark spots
- Available in 2 sizes 15ml & 30ml
- Use: AM & PM
- Conflicts: Check NIOD Conflicts
- Value For Money: Currently 40$ for 15ml & 72$ for 30ml
- NIOD offers a 365-day refund policy when you buy direct
NIOD RP Reviews
- Unboxing NIOD Re: Pigment
- What is NIOD RP Re: Pigment, and what does it do?
- When and how do I use NIOD RP?
- NIOD RP RE: Pigment conflicts
- How To Layer Re:Pigment
- Size & PAO
- Re: Pigment NIOD Reviews
- NIOD Re: Pigment Faqs
- The Ordinary & Deciem products for pigmentation & melasma
- Check the price in your currency here.
Unboxing NIOD RP RE: PIGMENT
See NIOD Re:Pigment before you buy it. The packaging, bottle, colour and consistency.
What is NIOD RP Re: Pigment?
Deciem says: “Dermal pigmentation is arguably one of the most difficult skin concerns to target due to the multiple pathways within the skin that impact the appearance of an uneven tone. NIOD’s RE: Pigment is a highly saturated serum with multiple brightening technologies formulated to target uneven skin tone forms. RP is a water-based serum formulated to target uneven tone by affecting various melanin production aspects via several pathways within the skin. “
What does NIOD RP RE: Pigment do?
- Visibly brightens skin tone.
- Targets the appearance of dark spots
- Reduces the appearance of UV-induced pigmentation with continued use.
- Helps reduce the contrast between areas of varying dermal pigmentation.
- Gives radiance and evenness starting with the very first application.
For more in-depth details about ingredients, please refer to NIOD RE: Pigment on the Deciem website.
How do I use NIOD RE: Pigment?
- Shake the bottle well before using it.
- You can use NIOD RE: Pigment in the morning and/or evening.
- If using other NIOD products, RE: Pigment would be applied after CAIS 2:1 and NIOD CAIL 1% but will go before NIOD MMHC2 and other water-based products.
- Patch testing is highly recommended.
- Read the Beginner´s Guide To NIOD.
How To Layer Re:Pigment
This would come directly after cleansing. If you are using other NIOD products like NIOD CAIS, then CAIS goes first followed by this.
NIOD LVCE >NIOD CAIS >NIOD RP >NIOD MMHC2
Does NIOD Re: Pigment have any conflicts?
Check NIOD Re:Pigment conflicts here on the NIOD Conflicts Chart.
NIOD Re: Pigment Polls
NIOD RE: Pigment Reviews
RE: Pigment Reviews by the moderators of the Facebook Group. You can find more reviews on Instagram and in The Ordinary & Deciem Chat Room.
By Jen Skin Type: Normal – Oily Skin Concerns: Pigmentation, Ageing, Congestion
“Re: Pigment – NIOD’s hyperpigmentation treatment. Given my love for NIOD and with pigmentation being my primary concern, I had such high hopes for this product.
It has the most impressive technologies behind this product (hello Diglucosyl Gallic Acid & White Shiitake Ferment) and a price tag to match! However, after two full bottles, I can’t say I noticed a significant difference as I´d hoped for. When I introduced this product to my regime, my pigmentation was at its worst (since lightened with diligent SPF use and a combination of other products), and my overall skin health needed to be improved upon, so I do wonder if would have more success now if I tried this again on my mild pigmentation. So if you have mild hyperpigmentation I would suggest giving this a try and see if it works for you.“
Rachael Skin Type: Normal to Dry. Skin Concerns: Dehydration, Single Sun Spot
“I have seen examples of it doing amazing work lightening pigmentation if used regularly. So, I myself experimented with the product and used half a bottle. I live in Australia and had a childhood of outside summers with very little sun protection. Because of that, I do have a sunspot on one cheekbone. With daily spot use of RE Pigment, I noticed that the centre of my sunspot began to lighten. Unfortunately, due to my own forgetfulness, I stopped using the product. It does work, but you need to be consistent and patient. I wasn’t, and I still have a sunspot. I would recommend anyone with pigmentation try RE Pigment. Also, know that the spots can return with any exposure to the sun. SPF and sun protection are extremely important when reducing pigmentation, and it’s one of the hardest skin conditions to treat long-term. Patience and consistency! “
NIOD RE: Pigment Faqs
1.What products should not be layered with NIOD RE: Pigment? NIOD RE: Pigment has no conflicts within our line. (* however, in other questions, they have advised avoiding using this in the same routine as certain acids and ascorbic acids).
2. Can NIOD Re: Pigment help with sunspots or freckles? Yes, it can.
3. What’s the best way to exfoliate while using NIOD RP? I understand RE: Pigment shouldn´t be used with acids. You may like to pair RP with NIOD Non-Acid Acid Precursor (NAAP). This is a non-acidic alternative to acid-based resurfacing products (such as AHAs/BHAs or retinoids) that visibly targets textural irregularities and uneven tone without the redness and inflammation associated with acids/retinoids.
4. Would it be counterproductive to use NIOD Re: Pigment with a fake tan? Does it actually whiten skin? RP targets dark spots and pigmentation. You may indeed use fake tan whilst using this product.
5. Does RE: Pigment go first in a routine after toning? What would the order be if using RP, The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid & The Ordinary Azelaic Acid? We’d suggest the following order NIOD Re Pigment, Hyaluronic Acid, Azelaic Acid.
6. When should you start to see results when using NIOD RE: Pigment? It´s difficult to say exactly how long it will take to achieve the desired result. As everyone’s skin is unique, everyone will have a unique experience with our products. We recommend continued and regular use for the best results.
7. Can NIOD RP be used with The Ordinary Mandelic Acid? We would recommend using them in separate routines AM/PM.
8. Is it ok to use NIOD RE: Pigment with The Ordinary Azelaic Acid & Glycolic Acid in the same routine? Yes, you may.
9. Can NIOD RE: Pigment be used under the eyes? This product is not formulated for use under the eyes. For eye treatments, please look into The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG, NIOD Fractionated Eye Contour Concentrate (FECC), Hylamide SubQ Eyes, and The Ordinary Argireline Solution 10%.
10. Would NIOD Re: Pigment help with redness and broken capillaries on the cheeks? RE: Pigment is more focused on hyperpigmentation.
11. Does NIOD RE: PIGMENT and NIOD NEC have any conflicts with The Ordinary brand? We would recommend avoiding the use of RE: Pigment and NEC with any Direct Acids or Ascorbic Acid formulations.
12. Will NIOD Re Pigment help the darkness around my mouth area? It can certainly help!
13. What is the difference between NIOD Re: Pigment and The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin? The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA is a concentrated serum with purified alpha-arbutin; Alpha Arbutin reduces the look of dark spots and hyperpigmentation. Whereas NIOD RE: Pigment is a highly-saturated, ultra-lightweight, emollient solution that uses multiple peptides and bio-technologies to visibly counteract both uneven pigmentation, such as spots, as well as overall pigmentation issues.
14. Can I use NIOD Re: Pigment in the evening and vitamin C in the morning? Yes, definitely!
15. Is it ok to use NIOD Re: pigment and The ordinary Niacinamide together? Yes, you may!
16. Can I use NIOD Re: Pigment in the summer months? Yes, you may. We also always recommend avoiding unprotected solar exposure.
17. Do I use NIOD RP Re: Pigment before or after CAIS? Use RP after CAIS
18. Does NIOD RP come before or after NIOD MMHC2? RP would go before NIOD MMHC2.
Final thoughts on Re: Pigment
- 58% of the Deciem Addicts love it.
- 52% say they have seen an improvement.
- 59% will repurchase it.
- Currently scores 3.9/5 on the Deciem website.
From many comments in the Facebook Group and Instagram and looking at NIOD RP RE: Pigment Reviews, this is a great product for those who use it consistently. Due to its price, some people are reluctant to repurchase it.
It´s well worth trying, but you must be prepared to buy a couple of bottles and make sure you use sun protection and stay out of the direct sun. Just a second in the sun can undo months of all your hard work in a flash.
What are the best Deciem products for pigmentation?
Read all about the best The Ordinary and Deciem products, pigmentation and Melasma, here. You can also have a look at The Ordinary skincare routine for pigmentation, and don´t forget you can ask Deciem for a regimen on their home page.
NIOD RP RE: Pigment Reviews