A quick look at The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser Reviews
- 71% of the Deciem Addicts love it
- 68% will repurchase it
- Scores 4.6 on the Deciem website
- A fabulous cleanser suitable for all skin types
- Available in 2 sizes, 50ml & 150ml. The 50ml is fantastic when travelling.
The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser – Everything You Need To Know Before Buying
- What is The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser?
- How do I use The Squalane Cleanser?
- When do I use the Squalane Cleanser?
- Are there any conflicts with the Squalane Cleanser?
- Unboxing The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser
- Reviews of The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser
- Faqs about The Ordinary Cleanser
- Other Cleansers
- Available in 50ml & 150ml. Check the price in your currency here.
What is The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser?
The Ordinary says: The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser is a soap-free and non-comedogenic which protects the integrity of epidermal lipids and leaves any skin type feeling cleansed, moisturized and soft. Squalane, alongside other gentle esters, works to trap and dissolve facial impurities and makeup (even waterproof mascara), detaching them from the surface of the skin. Subsequently, the emulsifying sucrose esters blend the dissolved makeup and facial impurities with water, allowing them to be easily and efficiently rinsed away.
When Do I Use The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser?
- You can The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser in the morning or evening.
- Some people use this in their double-cleansing routine either as a first or second cleanse, and some find this is enough to remove everything in one go.
- There are no set rules, just do what works for you and your skin. I personally do not always feel the need to double-cleanse after using the Squalane Cleanser.
How do I use The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser?
The Ordinary’s Squalane Cleanser undergoes 3 textural phases; 1) Balm-like upon dispensing, 2) Oil-like after rubbing between the palms of your hands and 3) Milk-like when combined with water.
- First, apply a small amount to the palm of your hands
- Rub between your palms for about 20 seconds until the thick consistency changes and melts into a beautiful balm. You will feel your palms just glide. It may take more or less time for some people, depending on the temperature of your hands and where the product has been stored.
- I have seen many people say they felt disappointed by this cleanser, but they soon changed their minds once they realized they were not rubbing it for long enough. Once it changes consistency, the makeup just melts off.
Are there any conflicts with The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser?
No conflicts at all. This will fit well into any skincare routine.
Unboxing The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser Video
The product before you buy it. You can also find independent reviews of The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser on Instagram.
The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser Reviews
I like this cleanser, but since The Ordinary Glucoside Foaming Cleanser came along, I prefer it to the Squalane Cleanser. The main reason is time. For some reason, The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser takes a long time to change consistency in my palms, and I find my hands hurt. I often have cold hands. If you are impatient like me and have cold hands, this may not be for you. Whereas The Ordinary Glucoside Foaming Cleanser is instant.
Nia Skin Type Oily/Acne Prone
This is really gentle and leaves skin feeling really soft and moisturized. I personally find it takes a bit more effort to remove my stubborn makeup. The tube is small, but I believe Deciem is making a bigger version. I think this is my favourite, The Ordinary Cleanser. @niapattenlooks
Jess Skin Type Oily/ Combo Skin with Dehydration
What a great cleanser. I use it as a second cleanse or morning cleanse. It leaves my skin feeling really clean without stripping. I love that it doesn’t leave a film/residue. @sk.inst.story
Tracy Skin Type Dry Sensitive
I use it as 1st cleanse as it is really effective yet gentle. It’s a little thick for my liking, making it a little hard to spread around my face, but it leaves my skin soft and cleansed. @my.face.space
The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser – Authentic from Deciem
There are so many concerns about fake products. Always buy from Deciem or one of the many authorised stockists.
This product was bought from The Ordinary in March 2021. The box is slightly stained – that was me.
FAQS – The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser
Is The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser suitable for hormonal acne skin?
Yes, you may wish to give it a try! We also recommend trying a patch test first!
Can I use The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser every day?
Yes, you can
Would The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser be good for Oily Skin and how should I use it?
The Squalane Cleanser is great for all skin types. We suggest warming the product and allowing it to melt into an oil. Then you may massage well onto a dry face and rinse with warm water.
Does Deciem have any other cleansers apart from The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser?
Is Squalane Cleanser good for sensitive/acne-prone skin?
It sure is. Just as a note – none of our products can be considered medical treatments for acne, so we suggest consulting with your physician to see what may work best for your skin.
What´s the difference between The Hylamide Cleanser and The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser?
The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser is a gentle cleansing product formulated to target makeup removal whilst leaving the skin feeling smooth and moisturized. Whereas Hylamide High-Efficiency Face Cleaner is a balancing oil-based face cleanser.
Does the Squalane Cleanser work as a makeup remover too?
It sure does!
Is it necessary to double cleanse with The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser?
It wouldn’t be necessary to do so, but you can if you would prefer.
Is The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser 100% plant-based?
Our Squalane is derived from sugarcane and beets.
Is Squalane Cleanser good for removing waterproof makeup?
Yes! Squalane Cleanser can help to remove makeup and impurities.
Final Thoughts on The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser
71% of the Deciem Addicts love this cleanser, and 68% will repurchase it. This currently scores 4.6/5 on the Deciem website. For the price of a coffee and cake, I really do recommend giving the 50ml bottle a try.
It’s important to keep rubbing this in the palm of your hands until it turns into this fabulous balm that just melts your makeup away. The time will differ from person to person depending on how cold the product is and the temperature of your hands.