- The Ordinary Niacinamide Reviews
- 84% of the Deciem Addicts love it
- 78% say Niacinamide has improved their skin
- 80% of the Deciem Addicts will repurchase
- The Ordinary Niacinamide is the BEST-SELLING product from The Ordinary, with 1 sold every 3 seconds!
- Niacinamide serum is available in 3 sizes, 30ml, 60ml & 120ml
- The Ordinary Niacinamide targets: dullness & dryness, visible shine, signs of congestion and textural irregularities.
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Unboxing Video
The Ordinary Niacinamide Reviews
The Ordinary Niacinamide – The Best-Selling Product
- What is The Ordinary Niacinamide, and what does it do?
- When and how do I use The Ordinary Niacinamide?
- The Ordinary Niacinaide Targets
- How to layer The Ordinary Niacinamide
- Does Niacinamide have conflicts?
- How to patch test The Ordinary Niacinamide
- The Ordinary Niacinamide is foamy – is this normal?
- What is the PAO of Niacinamide?
- Unboxing The Ordinary Niacinamide Serum
- The Ordinary Niacinamide Reviews
- Before & After photos of Niacinamide
- FAQs about Niacinamide
- Available in 3 sizes. 30ml, 60ml & 120ml. Check prices here
What is The Ordinary Niacinamide and what does it do?
The Ordinary Niacinamide, or Vitamin B3 – it’s like a super-strong mix of vitamins and minerals for your skin. It’s your skin’s best buddy, helping to keep it strong and keeping away that oily shine and congestion that bugs you.
Niacinamide also has a brightening trick – it makes your skin look fresher and more radiant. In this formula there´s 10% of Niacinamide another helper in the mix, called Zinc at 1%. Think of this as your skin’s bodyguard, making sure your skin’s protective wall is up and strong.
To sum it up, Niacinamide and Zinc are like the dynamic duo for your skin. They team up to make your skin stronger, brighter, and ready to take on the world!
Does The Ordinary Niacinamide work?
Does The Ordinary Niacinamide work? Well, 78% of the Deciem Addicts say Niacinamide has improved their skin will be repurchasing it. One Niacinamide product is sold every 3 seconds. This is The Ordinary´s BEST SELLING product.
The Ordinary Niacinamide Targets
- Brightens skin
- Regulates Sebum
- Minimizes Pores
- Signs of congestion
- Support the skin’s function as a protective barrier
How and when do I use The Ordinary Niacinamide?
- You can use Niacinamide in the morning and evening in your skincare routine.
- Niacinamide is a water-based product, so you would apply this directly after cleansing and before any thicker products like oils or creams. If you are using other water-based products and your main concern is pores/sebum, then apply this first.
- You can read all about layering The Ordinary here.
How To Layer The Ordinary Niacinamide
Niacinamide is a water-based product so you would apply this after cleansing and before any anhydrous, oils or emulsions. Here are some examples of how to layer The Ordinary Niacinamide and some simple skincare routines. Always use SPF in the morning
- Cleanse – Niacinamide – Moisturizer
- Cleanse – Hyaluronic Acid – Niacinamide – Moisturizer
- Cleanse – Marine Hyaluronics – Eye Serum – Niacinamide – Squalane Oil – Moisturizer
The Ordinary Niacinamide Conflicts
The Ordinary recommends avoiding using Niacinamide in the same routine as their Vitamin C products. You can find a list of The Ordinary conflicts here.
There is always conflicting advice when it comes to Niacinamide and Vitamin C. Some brands and people use them together without any issues. But this is what The Ordinary said in November 2020 regarding Niacinamide and vitamin C derivatives.
We do not recommend combining Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic Acid, Ethylated L-Ascorbic Acid, or Vitamin C Derivatives) with Niacinamide due to the formation of a salt complex that has the potential to reduce the integrity of both compounds. If you wish to combine both products into a regimen, we recommend using them on alternate days and/or nights.
What is the PAO of Niacinamide?
The period after opening Niacinamide is 12 months.
Why is The Ordinary Niacinamide foamy – is it normal?
This is one of the most common questions about Niacinamide. If you apply too much, it can be soapy. Apply smaller amounts at a time and make sure your skin is cleansed well with no residue left on your skin.
What is the pH of Niacinamide The Ordinary? 5.00-6.50
How to patch test The Ordinary Niacinamide
There is a guide on how to patch-test The Ordinary skincare products.
- Hydrating lightweight serum that improves the look of skin radiance and luminosity.
- Hydrates skin by reinforcing the skin barrier in as little as 7 days.
- Achieve smoother skin after 8 weeks.*
*In a clinical study of 35 subjects applying product 2x/day for 8 weeks
Before & After Photos using The Ordinary Niacinamide
I highly recommend joining The Ordinary & Deciem Chat Room Facebook Group where we have over 200,000 #deciemaddicts talking about The Ordinary all day long. There are some fantastic before and after photos.
The Ordinary Niacinamide Reviews
Reviews by the Facebook Group members – reviews by you, the people who have bought tried and tested. Read independent Niacinamide reviews by the Facebook Group members here. There are some amazing before and after photos in the Facebook Group. You can read more reviews by the #deciemaddicts here on Instagram.
- I think Niacinamide is wonderful. It really improves my skin texture. My pores just haven’t been clogged up since I started using it.
- Love this! Been using it for three years now and wouldn’t stop.
- I love the glow Niacinamide gives after every time I use it. But it’s breaking me out sometimes so I just finished the big bottle and didn’t repurchase it anymore.
- Love it! This is one of the few out there without silicones. I don’t try other brands because too many have multi forms of silicone in them and more people than know are sensitive to silicones.
- You do have to start slow in the beginning, but now I don’t even hesitate to add several drops. I find if you put it on damp skin it doesn’t pill, and pat it in if you have a tendency to pill.
- I experience less hormonal acne and a better-feeling skin. Less texture.
- As a person with dry skin and eczema, niacinamide is my number one product. I use two drops mixed into my moisturiser twice a day. It really helps to keep the eczema under control, and when I have a bad flare-up, I increase the dosage. Can’t live without it!
- Jen @jamjarskingeek Niacinamide is my absolute favourite product from The Ordinary. It’s a multi-purpose gem that supports my skin barrier, helps with pigmentation, and keeps my oily skin in check. I wouldn’t be without it and love the new large size
- Niacinamide has changed my life.
- Niacinamide has really helped. Less redness and balanced sebum production.
- I love Niacinamide. It has been great for my rosacea.
- My skin has gone from ‘dry’ to ‘normal’ even with prescription-strength Retin A. It’s helped to keep my skin moisturized. I’m obsessed with this product, and I use it night and day.
- I’ve been using The Ordinary’s Niacinamide for 2 yrs now. My skin loves it. I have oily skin prone to breakouts, and this makes my skin look amazing.
- Niacinamide has tightened my pores and helped with blemishes.
Photos of Niacinamide bought from The Ordinary
I purchased this product directly from The Ordinary. Always buy from The Ordinary or one of the many authorised stockists around the world to avoid counterfeit products.
The Ordinary Niacinamide FAQs
Some of these questions have been asked and answered by The Ordinary on their social media.
Can I use Niacinamide around the eyes? Niacinamide is not formulated for the eye area.
Can I use The Ordinary Niacinamide every day? Yes, you can. Always patch-test products first.
Should I use The Ordinary Niacinamide before or after moisturizer? The Ordinary Niacinamide should be used before.
What can I not mix with Niacinamide? The Ordinary suggests avoiding all Vitamin C products.
Is it ok to use The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% on top of Niacinamide? Yes, you can apply Lactic Acid before Niacinamide.
How long should I wait to apply moisturizer after niacinamide? There is no set time. Just make sure each layer is fully absorbed before applying the next.
Can Niacinamide be used with AHA/BHA products? After rinsing off the AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution, you may apply Niacinamide.
Is it possible to break out with Niacinamide 10%? Purging is possible with any products that affect the skin’s behaviour.
What happens if I put niacinamide after moisturizer? Niacinamide is water-based and should come before moisturizer in order to allow the skin to absorb the product.
Can I use The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin, Niacinamide and Retinol in the same routine? Yes, you may. We recommend applying water-based solutions first, followed by anhydrous or oil formulations, and finally cream/suspension formulas.
More FAQs about The Ordinary Niacinamide
What would I apply first – The Ordinary Niacinamide or Mandelic Acid? You may apply The Ordinary Mandelic Acid 10% + HA first.
Can I use Niacinamide + Alpha Arbutin + Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution + AHA and BHA peeling solution in the same routine? Which ones are essential for blemishes and dark spots? Niacinamide and Alpha Arbutin are great products to target your concerns. You may use your products in the same routine. We do not suggest using both AHA + BHA Peeling Solution and Glycolic Acid in the same routine.
Is it OK to use the ordinary niacinamide every day? Yes, it is. Always patch-test first.
In what order should I apply The Ordinary Hyaluronic, Niacinamide, Buffet + Copper? Buffet + Copper Peptides > Hyaluronic Acid > Niacinamide.
Which Deciem products would you recommend for oily and acne-prone skin? We suggest the use of The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%. This is a high-strength vitamin and mineral formula that visibly targets the look of blemishes and signs of congestion. We recommend avoiding unprotected solar exposure, gradually incorporating one new product into your regimen at a time, and applying test patches first to see what works best for your skin.
What should I put on my face after niacinamide? You can just use a moisturiser on top if you wish. You could use this alongside Salicylic Acid, Hyaluronic or Retinol/Retinoid. The only product you should avoid is Vitamin C. Always patch-test first.
Can we use The Ordinary Niacinamide with Alpha Arbutin? Yes, you may! We suggest using the Alpha Arbutin first.
MORE FAQS ABOUT THE ORDINARY NIACINAMIDE
Is Niacinamide ok for sensitive skin? This solution is suitable for all skin types.
Would I apply Niacinamide before or after The Ordinary Buffet? You may wish to apply The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% after The Ordinary “Buffet”.
Is it possible for Niacinamide to lighten pigmentation from acne scars? Niacinamide has some brightening properties, which may help with hyperpigmentation.
Which moisturizer is best to use with niacinamide? The Ordinary have 3 Natural Moisturizing Factors to choose from. You may like to look at Natural Moisturizing Factors + Beta Glucan, which is a gel-form moisturizer.
Some of these FAQs are old and may give contradicting advice as per the conflicts.
Is there anything we should avoid layering with Niacinamide? Niacinamide cannot be used alongside L-Ascorbic Acid, and Ethylated Ascorbic Acid as Niacinamide can affect the integrity of these forms of Vitamin C.
Is this the best vitamin B product you have to complement a skincare routine with vitamin A and C use? I’m using Retin-A and a vitamin C serum. It is difficult for us to comment on the pairing of our products with those of other brands and/or prescription medications. We recommend consulting with your doctor/dermatologist, gradually incorporating one new product into your regimen at a time, and applying test patches first to see what works best for your skin.
Can Niacinamide be combined with Vitamin C in the morning and glycolic acid or retinoids in the evening? Niacinamide is safe to use alongside Glycolic Acid and/or Retinoids. It should only be used with Vitamin C derivatives.
Can I use The Ordinary Mandelic Acid with Niacinamide? Niacinamide may be used with Mandelic Acid.
Final Thoughts on Niacinamide
84% of people love this! 78% say it has improved their skin and 80% will repurchase! If it´s your first time using this product, buy the smaller size first to see how you get on with it.
The Ordinary´s Niacinamide was voted the best product out of all The Ordinary products in the Facebook Group. It is also The Ordinary´s bestselling product, according to Nicola Kilner, CEO of Deciem. 84% of the Deciem Addicts love it. 78% of the Deciem Addicts say it has improved their skin, and 80% will be repurchasing it.
The Ordinary Niacinamide Fakes – How to spot a fake Niacinamide
There are counterfeit products, and Niacinamide seems to be one of the common ones. The best advice I can give you is to buy through Deciem or one of their authorized stockists.
If you are shipping to a country with free shipping over 250$ shipping, I would recommend getting a few friends together and making a large order. Avoid Shopee, Amazon, and eBay.
Read all about The Ordinary fakes here.