Reviews of The Ordinary Niacinamide Serum
If you are looking for The Ordinary Niacinamide reviews, then you have found the right page. The Ordinary Niacinamide Serum is The Ordinary´s best-selling product, with 1 sold every 3 seconds. Niacinamide targets dullness, dryness, visible shine, signs of congestion, textural irregularities, and so much more.
Your Quick 15-Second Summary
Niacinamide is the best-selling product by The Ordinary, with one sold every 3-seconds. It´s no wonder why 84% of the #deciemaddicts love it.
- 84% of the #deciemaddicts love it
- Targets; visible shine, signs of congestion, textural irregularities, dullness, dryness & more
- 1 product is sold every 3 seconds
- Use Niacinamide in the morning & evening
- Apply after cleansing and before oils or creams.
- Conflicts: Vitamin C
- Available in 3 sizes: 30ml, 60ml & 120ml
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Unboxing Video
If you´re new to a brand or skincare in general, it´s always easier if you see the product before you buy it. In this video, you can see the packaging, the bottle, instructions, the colour and consistency of The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% Serum.
What is Niacinamide?
Niacinamide is also known as Vitamin B3 and is a fabulous ingredient in skincare for a multitude of skin concerns, including targeting visible shine,
Pros & Cons of The Ordinary Niacinamide
- Targets a multitude of skin concerns
- Easy to use and apply
- Great value
- Consistency is the best-selling product by The Ordinary.
- It can be soapy/foamy if you use too much.
- Niacinamide doesn´t always work for everybody.
The Ordinary Niacinamide
Now go into a bit more information about The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% so by the time you finish reading this page, you should know if it´s a product you need or not.
- What is The Ordinary Niacinamide, and what does it do?
- The Ordinary Niacinamide Targets
- When and how do I use The Ordinary Niacinamide?
- Unboxing The Ordinary Niacinamide Serum
- How to layer The Ordinary Niacinamide
- Ease to use Niacinamide
- Niacinamide conflicts
- Available in 3 sizes. 30ml, 60ml & 120ml.
- How to patch test The Ordinary Niacinamide
- What is the PAO of Niacinamide?
- Value for money
- Does Niacinamide work?
- The Ordinary Niacinamide is foamy – is this normal?
- Niacinamide is pilling
- ph of The Ordinary Niacinamide
- The Ordinary Niacinamide Reviews
- Before and after photos of Niacinamide
- FAQs about Niacinamide
- Similar products to Niacinamide
- Price of Niacinamide: Check the latest prices here
What is The Ordinary Niacinamide, and what does it do?
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%, is a clearish, water-based serum which can be used every day to target many skin concerns. Niacinamide, also known as Vitamin B3 and along with Zinc, is like a super-strong mix of vitamins and minerals for your skin. It can be your skin´s best friend, helping to keep it strong and keep away that oily shine and congestion.
Niacinamide also has a brightening trick – it makes your skin look fresher and more radiant. In this formula there´s 10% of Niacinamide another helper in the mix, called Zinc at 1%. Think of this as your skin’s bodyguard, making sure your skin’s protective wall is up and strong.
The Ordinary Niacinamide is great for blemish-prone skin and it also brightens, smooths, targets textural irregularities, dullness, shine, signs of congestion and also hydrates.
- Brightens skin
- Regulates Sebum
- Minimizes Pores
- Signs of congestion
- Support the skin’s function as a protective barrier
How and when to use The Ordinary Niacinamide?
- Use AM & PM if you wish.
- Niacinamide is water-based, so you would apply it directly after cleansing and before any oils or creams.
- If you are using other water-based products and your main concern is pores/serum, then apply this first, followed by other water-based serums.
- Niacinamide is a water-based product, so you would apply this directly after cleansing and before any thicker products like oils or creams. If you are using other water-based products and your main concern is pores/sebum, then apply this first.
You can read all about layering The Ordinary here.
How To Layer The Ordinary Niacinamide
Niacinamide is a water-based product, so you would apply this after cleansing and before any anhydrous, oils or emulsions.
Here are some examples of how to layer The Ordinary Niacinamide and some simple skincare routines. Always start with cleansed skin and apply SPF in the mornings!
Niacinamide + Moisturizer
Hyaluronic Acid + Niacinamide + Moisturizer
Marine Hyaluronics + Eye Serum + Niacinamide + Squalane Oil + Moisturizer
Niacinamide Ease To Use
This is quite an easy product to use as it´s not too thin or thick and comes out of the dropper nicely. You can easily add just one or two drops to the tips of your fingers or palms of your hands and then massage onto your face.
Remember to apply less and add more; otherwise, you may find it becomes foamy and pills.
The Ordinary Niacinamide Conflicts
- Vitamin C direct & indirect
The Ordinary recommends avoiding Niacinamide in the same routine as their Vitamin C products (direct and indirect). When it comes to Niacinamide and Vitamin C, there is always conflicting advice. Some brands and people use them together without any issues. This is what The Ordinary said in November 2020 regarding Niacinamide and vitamin C derivatives.
We do not recommend combining Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic Acid, Ethylated L-Ascorbic Acid, or Vitamin C Derivatives) with Niacinamide due to the formation of a salt complex that has the potential to reduce the integrity of both compounds. If you wish to combine both products into a regimen, we recommend using them on alternate days and/or nights.
You can find a list of The Ordinary conflicts here.
The Ordinary Niacinamide now comes in 3 sizes! If you´re new to this product, I would recommend starting with the 30ml, and then once you know you like it, you can buy a larger size. Check here for price/size in your currency now
How to patch test The Ordinary Niacinamide
Here´s a quick guide on how to patch-test The Ordinary skincare products. From talking to many people in the Facebook Group and Instagram, we know many people do not patch-test products. If you choose not to, at least layer products slowly just in case. Otherwise, if you do have any skin reactions, you won´t know which product caused it. It is better to be safe than sorry!
What is the PAO?
PAO stands for the period after opening. The period after opening Niacinamide is 12 months. You will probably use this up within 12 months if using every day or twice a day.
Value for money
The Ordinary Niacinamide is good value for money compared to other products on the market by similar brands and especially the higher-end brands. I would buy the 30ml if you´re new to Niacinamide and then think about the larger bottle.
Does The Ordinary Niacinamide work?
Does The Ordinary Niacinamide work? Well, 78% of the Deciem Addicts say Niacinamide has improved their skin and will be repurchasing it. One Niacinamide product is sold every 3 seconds. This is The Ordinary´s BEST SELLING product.
Why is The Ordinary Niacinamide foaming/soapy?
People asking why Niacinamide is foaming/soapy when applying to their face is one of the most common questions in the Facebook Group. If you apply too much, it can be soapy/foamy. My advice is to apply smaller amounts at a time and make sure your skin is cleansed well with no residue left on your skin.
Why does my skin pill with Niacinamide?
If you experience pilling/bits, this is the product, not your skin so don´t be alarmed. Once again, this could be connected to the above issue of Niacinamide being foamy/soapy. If the pilling continues, take a look at the products you are using alongside Niacinamide and maybe reduce the number of products being used.
What is the pH of Niacinamide The Ordinary?
The pH of Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% is 5.00 – 6.50
Before & After Photos using The Ordinary Niacinamide
I highly recommend joining The Ordinary & Deciem Chat Room Facebook Group where we have over 200,000 #deciemaddicts talking about The Ordinary all day long. There are some fantastic before and after photos.
Polls/Rating of Niacinamide
These polls were featured on Instagram Stories and voted for by the #deciemaddicts.
- 84% love it
- 78% say it has improved their skin
- 80% will repurchase it
The Ordinary Niacinamide Reviews
The Ordinary Niacinamide Reviews by the Facebook Group members – reviews by you, the people who have bought, tried and tested. Read independent Niacinamide reviews by the Facebook Group members here. There are some amazing before and after photos in the Facebook Group. You can read more reviews by the #deciemaddicts here on Instagram.
“I think Niacinamide is wonderful. It really improves my skin texture. My pores just haven’t been clogged up since I started using it.“
“Love this! Been using it for three years now and wouldn’t stop.“
“I love the glow Niacinamide gives after every time I use it, although it’s breaking me out sometimes. Therefore, I just finished the big bottle and didn’t repurchase it again.”
“Love it! This is one of the few out there without silicones. I don’t try other brands because too many have multi forms of silicone in them and more people than know are sensitive to silicones.“
“You do have to start slow in the beginning, but now I don’t even hesitate to add several drops. I find if you put it on damp skin it doesn’t pill, and pat it in if you have a tendency to pill.“
“I experience less hormonal acne and a better-feeling skin. Less texture.“
“As a person with dry skin and eczema, niacinamide is my number one product. I use two drops mixed into my moisturiser twice a day. It really helps to keep the eczema under control, and when I have a bad flare-up, I increase the dosage. Can’t live without it!“
Jen @jamjarskingeek – “Niacinamide is my absolute favourite product from The Ordinary. It’s a multi-purpose gem that supports my skin barrier, helps with pigmentation, and keeps my oily skin in check. I wouldn’t be without it and love the new larger size“
“Niacinamide has changed my life.”
“Niacinamide has really helped. Less redness and balanced sebum production.“
“I love Niacinamide. It has been great for my rosacea.“
“My skin has gone from ‘dry’ to ‘normal’ even with prescription-strength Retin A. It’s helped to keep my skin moisturized. I’m obsessed with this product, and I use it night and day.“
“I’ve been using The Ordinary’s Niacinamide for 2 yrs now. My skin loves it. I have oily skin prone to breakouts, and this makes my skin look amazing.“
“Niacinamide has tightened my pores and helped with blemishes.“
The Ordinary Niacinamide FAQs
Some of these questions have been asked and answered by The Ordinary on their social media.
1.Can I use Niacinamide around the eyes? Niacinamide is not formulated for the eye area.
2. Can I use The Ordinary Niacinamide every day? Yes, you can. Always patch-test products first.
3. Should I use The Ordinary Niacinamide before or after moisturizer? The Ordinary Niacinamide should be used before
4. What can I not mix with Niacinamide? The Ordinary suggests avoiding all Vitamin C products.
5. What can I not mix with Niacinamide? The Ordinary suggests avoiding all Vitamin C products.
6. Is it ok to use The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% on top of Niacinamide? Yes, you can apply Lactic Acid before Niacinamide.
7. How long should I wait to apply moisturizer after niacinamide? There is no set time. Just make sure each layer is fully absorbed before applying the next.
8. Can Niacinamide be used with AHA/BHA products? After rinsing off the AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution, you may apply Niacinamide.
9. Is it possible to break out with Niacinamide 10%? Purging is possible with any products that affect the skin’s behaviour.
10. What happens if I put niacinamide after moisturizer? Niacinamide is water-based and should come before moisturizer in order to allow the skin to absorb the product.
11. Can I use The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin, Niacinamide and Retinol in the same routine? Yes, you may. We recommend applying water-based solutions first, followed by anhydrous or oil formulations, and finally, cream/suspension formulas.
More Niacinamide FAQs
12. What would I apply first – The Ordinary Niacinamide or Mandelic Acid? You may apply The Ordinary Mandelic Acid 10% + HA first.
13. Can I use Niacinamide + Alpha Arbutin + Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution + AHA and BHA peeling solution in the same routine? Which ones are essential for blemishes and dark spots? Niacinamide and Alpha Arbutin are great products to target your concerns. You may use your products in the same routine. We do not suggest using both AHA + BHA Peeling Solution and Glycolic Acid in the same routine.
14. Is it OK to use The Ordinary Niacinamide every day? Yes, it is. Always patch-test first.
15. In what order should I apply The Ordinary Hyaluronic, Niacinamide, Multi-Peptide Serum + Copper Peptides? Multi-Peptide Serum + Copper Peptides > Hyaluronic Acid > Niacinamide.
16. Which Deciem products would you recommend for oily and acne-prone skin? We suggest the use of The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%. This is a high-strength vitamin and mineral formula that visibly targets the look of blemishes and signs of congestion. We recommend avoiding unprotected solar exposure, gradually incorporating one new product into your regimen at a time, and applying test patches first to see what works best for your skin.
17. What should I put on my face after niacinamide? You can just use a moisturiser on top if you wish. You could use this alongside Salicylic Acid, Hyaluronic or Retinol/Retinoid. The only product you should avoid is Vitamin C. Always patch-test first.
18. Can we use The Ordinary Niacinamide with Alpha Arbutin? Yes, you may! We suggest using the Alpha Arbutin first.
19. Is Niacinamide OK for sensitive skin? This solution is suitable for all skin types.
20. Would I apply Niacinamide before or after The Ordinary Buffet? You may wish to apply The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% after The Ordinary “Buffet”.
21. Is it possible for Niacinamide to lighten pigmentation from acne scars? Niacinamide has some brightening properties, which may help with hyperpigmentation.
22. Which moisturizer is best to use with niacinamide? The Ordinary have 3 Natural Moisturizing Factors to choose from. You may like to look at Natural Moisturizing Factors + Beta Glucan, which is a gel-form moisturizer.
23. Is there anything we should avoid layering with Niacinamide? Niacinamide cannot be used alongside L-Ascorbic Acid, and Ethylated Ascorbic Acid as Niacinamide can affect the integrity of these forms of Vitamin C.
24. Is this the best vitamin B product you have to complement a skincare routine with vitamin A and C use? I’m using Retin-A and a vitamin C serum. It is difficult for us to comment on the pairing of our products with those of other brands and/or prescription medications. We recommend consulting with your doctor/dermatologist, gradually incorporating one new product into your regimen at a time, and applying test patches first to see what works best for your skin.
25. Can Niacinamide be combined with Vitamin C in the morning and glycolic acid or retinoids in the evening? Niacinamide is safe to use alongside Glycolic Acid and/or Retinoids. It should only be used with Vitamin C derivatives.
26. Can I use The Ordinary Mandelic Acid with Niacinamide? Niacinamide may be used with Mandelic Acid.
Similar Products to The Ordinary Niacinamide
You could look at The Ordinary 100% Niacinamide Powder.
Photos of Niacinamide bought from The Ordinary
This is the 30ml Niacinamide purchased directly from The Ordinary. I recommend only buying from The Ordinary direct or one of the many authorised stockists to avoid purchasing counterfeit products.
The Ordinary Niacinamide Fakes – How to spot a fake Niacinamide
There are counterfeit products, and Niacinamide seems to be one of the common ones. The best advice I can give you is to buy through Deciem or one of their authorized stockists. Read all about The Ordinary fakes here.
The Ordinary Niacinamide Final Thoughts
Firstly, The Ordinary Niacinamide is the best-selling product, with 1 sold every 3 seconds.
Secondly, Niacinamide targets a huge variety of skin concerns, but remember it may not suit everyone.
Thirdly, remember to always patch-test products before using them or at least introduce them slowly alongside other products.
Finally, 84% of people love this, 78% say it has improved their skin, and 80% will repurchase! These numbers reflect why it´s such a popular product. If it´s your first time using this product, buy the smaller size first to see how you get on with it, and then buy the 60ml or 120ml.