Unboxing NIOD Non-Acid Acid Precursor 15% NAAP
See the colour and consistency of NIOD NAAP, Non-Acid Acid Precursor 15% before buying.
NIOD NAAP Reviews
68% of the Deciem Addicts love it – Polls featured on Instagram Stories.
- What is NIOD NAAP?
- When and how do I use NIOD NAAP?
- Photos and video of the product
- Are there any conflicts with NIOD NAAP?
- NIOD NAAP Reviews
- NAAP PAO
- Faqs about Non-Acid Acid Precursor 15%
- 30ml. Check the price in your currency here.
What does NIOD NAAP stand for?
NIOD – Non-Invasive Options in Dermal Science. NAAP – Non-Acid Acid Precursor 15%.
What is NIOD NAAP, and what does it do?
Deciem says: NAAP is a non-acidic alternative to acid-based epidermal resurfacing. Instead of using direct acids like AHA/BHA or retinoids that are common in skincare, NAAP uses fermentation bio-derivatives and amino isolates that act as precursors to skin-compatible acids, encouraging visible radiance and visible surface regularity without the redness and inflammation associated with acids. NIOD NAAP was found non-irritating in an independent Single 48-hr Patch Test.
When and how do I use NIOD Non-Acid Acid Precursor?
- Apply NIOD NAAP in the evening.
- Put a few drops in the palm of your hands and apply to the face avoiding the immediate eye area.
- If you are using other NIOD products, apply NIOD NAAP after CAIS and MMHC but before HV Hydration Vaccine. The Routine would look like this; CAIS + MMHC2 + NAAP + HV.
- If you use NIOD ELAN, apply NIOD NAAP after ELAN. NIOD ELAN + NIOD NAAP.
- As always, please refer to the NIOD website for more information.
- Patch test before using.
How to fit NIOD NAAP into a routine.
If you are using other NIOD products in your routine, here are some examples of where NAAP will fit in.
NIOD CAIS + MMHC2 + NAAP + HV or maybe MMHC2 + ELAN + NAAP
NIOD NAAP Conflicts
The NIOD website has been updated, but the conflicts keep changing. Currently, it says to avoid using Direct Acids, Direct Vitamin C, Resveratrol & Ferulic Acid and Copper Peptides in the same routine. Always patch-test products, and when you start to layer products, keep a close eye on how your skin looks and feels.
NIOD NAAP PAO
Nearly all the NIOD products have a PAO (period after opening of 6 months).
NIOD NAAP Colour, Texture, Smell
The colour of NIOD NAAP is white, and the texture is a light creamy texture. There is a smell, but nothing too strong that you continue to smell once it´s on your skin.
NIOD NAAP is very different to what I expected. I haven´t been using it long enough to see a difference but it feels lovely on the skin, and it absorbs really well. I feel this should come with a pump rather than a dropper. It doesn´t seem to pick up all the time.
Photos of NIOD NAAP
See the product before you buy.
NIOD Non-Acid Acid Precursor Faqs
Some FAQs have been answered by NIOD
Can you explain more about NIOD NAAP?
NAAP uses a bacterial lysate to support the skin’s own exfoliating mechanisms, much like a gentle acid exfoliant. It does so without the inclusion of a direct acid. Regarding the “unclogging” of pores, it is undeniable that a BHA will do this job seamlessly, as it can blend with the lipids trapped inside the pore (thanks to BHA’s lipophilicity). NAAP will be a great replacement for direct acids if you wish to achieve a skin-smoothing effect.
Can people with rosacea use it?
We have not tested this product on rosacea skin. Keep in mind that this product is also not formulated to treat rosacea.
Could NIOD NAAP be used with Hyaluronic Acid?
Can NIOD NAAP be used with Alpha Arbutin?
Are NIOD products fragrance-free?
Yes, they are.
Can NIOD NAAP be used with Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%?
Yes, you can!
Could I replace The Ordinary Glycolic Acid with NIOD NAAP?
You can certainly replace Glycolic Acid if you would prefer.
Is NAAP more suitable for sensitive skin?
Yes, it is!
How does NIOD NAAP differ from The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10%?
NIOD Non-Acid Acid Precursor (NAAP) is a non-acidic alternative to acid-based resurfacing products (AHAs/BHAs or retinoids) that visibly targets textural irregularities and uneven tone without the redness and inflammation associated with acids/retinoids. The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA 2% is a high-strength alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) peeling formulation that offers mild exfoliation to visibly target uneven tone and textural irregularities. Lactic Acid should not be used on sensitive, peeling or compromised skin.
Can NIOD NAAP be used with Tretinoin?
Unfortunately, it is difficult for us to comment on the pairing of our products with those of other brands and/or prescription medications. We recommend consulting with your doctor/dermatologist, gradually incorporating one new product into your regimen at a time, and applying test patches first to see what works best for your skin.
More FAQS about NIOD NAAP
Does NIOD NAAP make skin sensitive to the sun?
It should not; however, we always suggest using an SPF during the day.
Can I use NIOD NAAP with The Ordinary Ascorbic Acid & Alpha Arbutin serum, and what would the order be?
We recommend applying NIOD NAAP in separate routines from The Ordinary Ascorbic Acid 8% + Alpha Arbutin 2% to avoid irritation.
Would NIOD NAAP be ok for sensitive, eczema-prone skin?
Try a test patch first before applying this product! NAAP is definitely another approach to acid-based skin exfoliation.
NIOD NAAP Reviews – Reviews of NIOD Non-Acid Acid Precursor
- This serum is amazing; go slow coz it’s strong.
- I’ve been using NAAP for about four months and haven’t seen much of a difference. It’s tempting to switch to an aha to see if I get noticeable results, but I’m going to stick to NAAP for a while longer. Would love to know when others using it saw a difference?
- Very underrated product for those who are sensitive to other exfoliating products such as acids. Been using this for ages now!
- One of my current faves. I had trouble incorporating it into my evening routine because I use Tretinoin. After consulting with Deciem, I moved it to my AM routine, and it’s working great. You just have to be extra vigilant with applying AND reapplying your sunscreen.
- 68% of the Deciem Addicts on Instagram love NIOD NAAP.
- NAAP currently scores 4.5/5 on the Deciem website.
- Read more reviews in the Facebook Group The Ordinary & Deciem Chat Room.
You can find lots more NIOD reviews here.