Please note that this is an older version of The Ordinary Regimens.
The Ordinary has put this skincare routine for sensitive skin. You can read more about sensitive skin below.
The Ordinary Sensitive Skin Regimen
- Cleanser – You could look at The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Natural Moisturising Factors
- Plant-Derived Squalane Oil
Your routine will look like this
|Morning||Cleanse | Hyaluronic Acid | Natural Moisturising Factors | SPF|
|Evening||Cleanse | Squalane Oil | Natural Moisturising Factors|
The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid
A quick look at Hyaluronic Acid
- Targets hydration and general skin health
- You may apply this in the morning and evening
- Apply a few drops to cleansed dry or damp skin. Massage or pat.
- This water-based product would be used as one of the first layers.
- Hyaluronic Acid has no conflicts
Similar products you could use;
Natural Moisturising Factors
A quick look at Natural Moisturising Factors
- Hydrates skin
- Repairs skin
- No conflicts at all
- You can use NMF in the morning and the evening
The Ordinary Squalane Oil
A quick look at The Ordinary Squalane Oil
- Squalane Oil is amazing for Dehydration
- You can use Squalane Oil in the morning and evening
- There are no conflicts with this product
- The Ordinary Squalane Oil can be used on its own, after water-based products, before heavy creams, or you could even mix this with your moisturiser.
About Sensitive Skin
Sensitive skin is very reactive and prone to flares of itching and redness. It might be a permanent problem, a temporary state, or something that happens in response to something specific like an ingredient or stress.
What does sensitive skin look/feel like?
During a flare-up, your skin could be red, bumpy, rash, dry, tight, inflamed, and itchy.
Sensitive skin – What Causes Sensitive Skin?
Many things can cause sensitivity-allergies, eczema, genetics, stress, hormones, sleeplessness, heat, and over-cleansing. Figuring out what triggers your skin is the first step to treating sensitive skin.
Which Deciem Products are good for sensitive?
- Modulating Glucosides by NIOD Full of calming ingredients, this is a godsend for stressed skin.
- Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 . Hydration is important for sensitive skin. The added panthenol also helps soothe inflammation.
- Natural Moisturising Factors To boost the moisture barrier.
Which ingredients should you avoid with sensitive skin?
If you have sensitive skin, you should avoid strong acids, like Glycolic Toner, the AHA 30% Peel and Lactic Acid 10%.
My own experience with sensitive skin
Before The Ordinary, I suffered so many allergic reactions to skincare products, and it was the fragrance used in many products. I have used nearly every single product from The Ordinary, and happy to say I haven´t had any reactions like I used to have.