If you’re looking for a regimen for textural irregularities, Deciem have put together this regimen for you comprising of just 4 products which will cost you less than £30.
- Azelaic Acid
- Glycolic Acid
- Retinoid 2% or 5% in Squalane
- AHA 30% Peeling Solution
How Your Regimen Will Look
|Morning||Cleanse | Azelaic Acid | SPF|
|Evening||Cleanse | Gycolic Acid | Retinoid 2% or 5% in Squalane|
|AHA 30% solution is a treatment which should be used no more than twice a week for 10 minutes taking care of the eyes when applying and rinsing off. Use this alone followed by something hydrating. You can start with one minute and work your way up to 10 minutes.|
The Ordinary Azelaic Acid
Quick Look At Azelaic Acid
- Azelaic Acid targets, dullness, uneven tone, textural irregularities and is also an antioxidant support.
- The Ordinary Direct Acids
- EUK Antioxidant
- Peptides: Buffet, Buffet + Copper, Matrixyl & Argireline
Found under “Direct Acids” on the Deciem website, this is a thick suspension which brightens the skin tone while visibly improving the evenness of skin texture and reducing the look of blemishes. On the Deciem regimen page it does say this is best used in the evening, although in this routine it´s used in the morning. Always wear a really good SPF and avoid direct sunlight.
The Ordinary Glycolic Acid
Quick Look at Glycolic Acid
- Glycolic Acid targets dullness, uneven tone and textural irregularities
- Use in the PM only. Apply a little on a cotton wool pad and wipe over face.
- Conflicts: Peptides Buffet, Buffet + Copper Peptides, Argireline and Matrixyl. EUK Antioxidant and other direct acids in The Ordinary list.
Listed under “Direct Acids” Glycolic Acid is an alpha hydroxy acid that exfoliates the skin and improves skin radiance, visible clarity and also improves the appearance of skin texture with continued use.
Do not combine with other strong acids, EUK 134 0.1% or Peptides. Apply to cleansed skin with a cotton wool pad. Some people may use their hands and some use a spray.
Granactive Retinoid 2% or 5% in Squalane
Quick Look At Granactive Retinoid 2% in Squalane
- Granactive Retinoid targets signs of ageing and textural irregularties
- Best use in the evening only
- Conflicts: Do not use with other products that contain Retinoid or Retinol.
Granactive Retinoid is an anhydrous solution that should be used after water based solutions and before oils / creams in the evening only. It targets multiple signs of ageing without the irritation and drawbacks common with retinol. Never use Retinoids with other Retinoids or Retinols.
The Ordinary AHA 30% Peeling Solution
Quick Look At AHA 30% + BHA 2%
- AHA 30% targets dullness and textural irregularities
- Use in the PM only, once a week for no more than 10minutes
- Conflicts: Do not use any other direct acids, the antioxidant 134 or peptides Buffet, Buffet + Copper, Argireline or Matrixyl
The Famous Red Peel! This is one of the favourites of the Facebook Group that targets dullness, textural irregularities, exfoliating the skin’s topmost surface for a brighter and more even appearance and also reaches deep inside the pores with the BHA.
This is a masque that should only be used for maximum 10 minutes once or twice a week, taking care of eyes when applying and rinsing off. Apply something moisturising after this masque and do not use with other strong acids, EUK 134 0.1% or Peptides (Buffet, Buffet + Copper, Argireline or Matrixyl.
If you are new to The Ordinary and skincare in general, I highly recommend starting with a set regimen or asking Deciem for a personalised regimen. You will save time, money and a lot of stress. You can find lots more Deciem regimens here and also the How To Layer The Ordinary Guide.