The Ordinary Peptides – there are four peptides in The Ordinary range. Buffet, Buffet + Copper, Argireline and Matrixyl. How do you choose which one is best for you? To help you decide, here are all four of them with polls that have been taken by The Deciem Addicts on Instagram.
BUFFET 84% LOVE IT
BUFFET + COPPER PEPTIDES 81% LOVE IT
MATRIXYL 74% LOVE IT
ARGIRELINE 57% LOVE IT
The Ordinary Peptides
- The beginner´s guide to peptides
- What is a peptide?
- What do peptides do?
- Why should we use peptides?
- What age should we be to start using peptides?
- Can there be any negative effects to using peptides
- Are there different types of peptides?
- The Ordinary’s Peptide Products
The Ordinary Buffet Peptide
Deciem says: “Buffet” – If you’re not too sure which peptide to go for, “Buffet” is an excellent choice to begin with. It features a comprehensive array of complex technologies within a single serum to target various visible signs of aging all at once (such as static or dynamic lines and wrinkles, sagging and loss of elasticity).
The Ordinary Buffet + Copper Petides
Deciem says: “Buffet” + Copper Peptides 1% – All the goodness of “Buffet” with the additional benefits of a 1% concentration of GHK-Cu (Copper Tripeptide), which focuses on the maintenance of general skin health by encouraging the skin to enter a constant state of repair. This aims to ward against loss of skin elasticity, firmness and plumpness and to help ‘undo’ the impact of our stress-filled, busy lifestyle.
The Ordinary Matrixyl
Matrixyl 10% + HA – a very high-strength peptide formula to visibly target the look of static (always there) and dynamic (forming with muscle motion) wrinkles.
The Ordinary Argireline
Argireline Solution 10% – a super lightweight solution that targets signs of aging by improving the appearance of areas of the skin prone to dynamic folds (i.e. around the eyes & forehead).
The Beginner´s Guide To Peptides
What is a peptide?
A peptide is a little piece of protein, essentially- small chains of amino acids. Peptides are named according to how many amino acids they are made up of- dipeptides have two, pentapeptides have five, and so on. Peptides have many functions in the body and some of them are active in the skin. These skin peptides link with receptors in the skin cells and cause a change in the way the cell acts.
What do peptides do?
The changes that peptides cause in the cells have numerous possible effects- they might switch up the cell’s collagen-producing abilities, or reduce a muscle cell’s ability to contract. Peptides in skincare have anti-aging effects and they are very hydrating.
Why should we use peptides?
Peptides are a great skincare addition- they gently act to improve the skin without causing irritation or sun sensitivity.
What age should we start using peptides?
If you’re using peptides for anti-aging, then you can start as soon as you notice signs of aging. This is normally at some point during our third decade. There is no point in using peptides as a preventative, this is what sunscreen is for.
Can there be any negative effects to using peptides
Peptides are very easy going on the skin. They generally don’t cause any irritation, unlike retinoids and you can’t use them too often, unlike acids. As with any skincare, it’s possible to have a reaction to peptides, although this is unlikely.
Are there different types of peptides?
Very much so, there are lots of different types of peptides. Some peptides, rather helpfully, signal the production of collagen, some stop the breakdown of collagen, some aid repair. The Ordinary has several great peptide options that can help improve the skin’s appearance.
The Ordinary’s Peptide Products
- The Ordinary Matrixyl 10% +HA– Matrixyl actually contains three peptides- Matrixyl, Matrixyl™ 3000 and Matrixyl Synthe’6™, the three work synergistically to increase the molecules that keep skin firm- collagen, elastin and the skin’s own hyaluronic acid. It also contains hyaluronic acid to bring moisture to the surface of the skin and create an immediate boost.
- The Ordinary Argireline 10% is a peptide serum for targeting dynamic lines, it acts on facial muscles to prevent lines in a similar way to Botox. Argireline is a focused treatment, you can apply to the dynamic lines, such as the forehead or crow’s feet area.
- The Ordinary Buffet is great value for money, it contains a whopping 25.1% active peptides in a hydrating nourishing base with amino acids and hyaluronic acid. Buffet contains the collagen-boosting Matrixyl complex, as well as two types of muscle relaxing peptides- Syn-ake and Argirelox. It also contains Relatase- a skin firming peptide.
- The Ordinary Buffet + Copper Peptides contains all the goodness of Buffet with added copper. Copper peptides, specifically GHK-Cu, deliver copper deep into the skin, copper is essential for repair and GHK-Cu is proven to reverse the signs of aging as well as improving skin health. Buffet + Copper is fantastic value for money and has the same active ingredient as NIOD CAIS 2.
The Ordinary Peptide Conflicts
There are conflicts which means avoid using the following products in the same routine. You can use them in alternate routines, morning/evening or different days.
Vitamin C (ELAA/LAA)
|Copper Peptides||Direct Acids|
Vitamin C (ELAA/LAA)
Other Deciem Peptides
Where To Buy The Ordinary Peptides
You can buy direct at Deciem or through one of the many authorised stockists you can find here.