The Ordinary & NIOD Cleansers
- The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser 2 sizes 50ml & 150ml
- The Ordinary Glucoside Foaming Cleanser 150ml
- The Ordinary Glycolipid Cream Cleanser 150ml
- NIOD Sanskrit Saponins (NIOD SS) 2 sizes 90ml & 180ml
- NIOD Low Viscosity Cleaning Ester (NIOD LVCE) 240ml
The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser
- Available in 50ml & 150ml
- A lovely gentle cleanser, great for removing makeup.
- It can be used as a first or second cleanse.
- This must be rubbed between the palm of your hands for quite a few seconds until you feel the consistency change from a balm to an oily texture.
- Read more about The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser here.
The Ordinary Glucoside Foaming Cleanser
- A lovely cleanser that removes makeup really well and quickly.
- This is a foaming cleanser.
- Read more about The Ordinary Glucoside Foaming Cleanser here.
- Video of The Ordinary Glucoside Foaming Cleanser
The Ordinary Glycolipid Cream Cleanser
- The Glycolipid Cream Cleanser effectively cleanses the skin and removes makeup such as foundation, eyeliner, and mascara. This formulation uses a plant-derived glycolipid cleansing agent that cleanses the skin while respecting the skin barrier to maintain hydration. Additionally, this cleanser is formulated to be non-stripping to respect the skin’s natural pH.
- Size 150ml
- Cream Cleanser. Use on dry or damp skin
- The Ordinary Glycolipid Cream Cleanser
- Video of The Ordinary Glycolipid Cream Cleanser
NIOD LVCE Low-Viscosity Cleaning Ester
- NIOD LVCE comes in 240ml
- It is pretty pricey, but it is 240ml,, and it will last you quite a while
- Removes makeup easily. Can be used with or without water. Some feel it can be messy and you need to use a cloth.
- Leaves skin feeling really nice and hydrated.
- Read more about NIOD LVCE here.
- Video of NIOD LVCE
NIOD SS Sanskrit Saponins
- Available in 2 sizes 90ml & 180ml
- This can be used as a cleanser and also a 5-minute mask
- This would be best as a second cleanse.
- You should avoid the eyes with this cleanser.
- Read more about Sanskrit Saponins here.
- Sanskrit Saponins Video
The Ordinary Cleansers & NIOD Cleansers
The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser was the very first cleanser by The Ordinary, and it was the only cleanser for a very long time. Then this year, 2023, The Ordinary launched 6 new products and 2 of them were cleansers which we were all extremely excited about. The Ordinary Glucoside Foaming Cleanser and The Ordinary Glycolipid Cream Cleanser are the 2 new cleansers and both are lovely. If I had to choose between the two of them, I would go for the Glucoside Foaming Cleanser simply because I feel it removes my makeup quicker and easier and I love the clean, fresh feel it leaves my skin looking and feeling.
How would you decide between The Ordinary Glycolipid Cleanser, Squalane Cleanser and Glucoside Foaming Cleanser?
The Ordinary says that this would depend on your preference. Glycolipid Cream Cleanser offers a cream texture in comparison to Glucoside Foaming Cleanser, which provides a light, foaming cleanse and Squalane Cleanser, which offers a balm-like texture. If you are looking to remove makeup, you may prefer to explore Glycolipid Cream Cleanser or Squalane Cleanser.
My personal opinions on all The Ordinary & NIOD Cleansers
The Squalane Cleanser takes time to change from a balm to an oily texture. Once the texture has changed, it is lovely, but if like me, you are very impatient, this may not be the best option.
The Ordinary Glucoside Foaming Cleanser. I absolutely love this. I feel it works instantly and leaves my skin not only feeling but looking lovely, clean and fresh. Some people find it can leave their skin feeling a little dry.
The Ordinary Glycolipid Cream Cleanser. Also a very nice cleanser. Works quickly and leaves the skin feeling lovely. I just feel the Glucoside Foaming Cleanser removes my makeup better and quicker.
NIOD LVCE Low Viscosity Cleaning Ester. I really like this cleanser. You can use it with or without water. It does leave a film on the skin which is intended, and it can be messy, particularly if you have lots of makeup on. You may want to use a cloth to help remove makeup once you have massaged LVCE into the skin. It is pricey, but the bottle is 240ml, and it will last a long time.
NIOD SS Sanskrit Saponins. This would be a second cleanse if you were going to use it as it should not be used on your eyes. I like it, but I don´t love it compared to the way I love the Glucoside Foaming Cleanser. You can use this as a 5-minute masque too, and this leaves your skin feeling really clean. It smells quite yeasty, and some people do not like this.