- 75% of the Deciem Addicts love it
- 72% say Alpha Arbutin has improved their skin
- 74% will repurchase it
- Dark spots
- Can be used with everything except The Ordinary Niacinamide Powder due to its pH level.
The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin Reviews by the Deciem Addicts and the moderators of the Facebook Group.
- What is Alpha Arbutin and what does it do?
- When and how do I use Alpha Arbutin?
- Does Alpha Arbutin have any conflicts?
- The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin Reviews
- 30ml bottle Price: £7.00 | €8.90 | CA$8.90 | AU$14.90 |US$8.90
What is Alpha Arbutin & what does it do?
Deciem says: Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA is our well-loved and well-known concentrated serum working to reduce the appearance of dark spots and uneven skin tone. Our Alpha Arbutin is biosynthetic, which is a complicated way to say that sciency-and-complex multi-step processes are involved in deriving the molecule from nature.
It’s used at a high 2% concentration and is supported with a next-generation form of Hyaluronic Acid for enhanced skin delivery. Alpha Arbutin is extremely sensitive to degradation in the presence of water if the pH of the formulation is not ideal.
The pH of this formula is approximately 4.9 which is shown to be the most suitable pH to minimize degradation of Alpha Arbutin.
When & How Do I Use Alpha Arbutin
- Use Alpha Arbutin in the morning and/or evening.
- This is a water-based product and would be used directly after cleansing or alongside other water-based products before any oils and moisturizers.
- Apply a few drops in the palm of your hands and apply to face. Massage in or pat until the product is fully absorbed before applying another product.
Does Alpha Arbutin have any conflicts?
- The only product Alpha Arbutin shouldn’t be mixed with is The Ordinary Niacinamide Powder due to its pH level. Apart from that, Alpha Arbutin has no other conflicts so it´s a really easy product to fit into your skincare routine.
Reviews of The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin
Leave your reviews of The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin on Instagram
Jen on Instagram: Alpha Arbutin is nice to use and sits well under makeup or other layers of serums. It is a great addition to a routine that is targeting mild pigmentation and supporting a hydrating routine. I didn’t get a great result with this on my medium-level pigmentation and ended up switching over to NIOD Re: Pigment.
Love love love it!! I am on my second bottle.
Absolutely love to use it ♥️
Love it!! This is my 3rd bottle. Use it together with niacinamide
I had quite a few dark spots around my hairline and cheek and it completely got rid of them, this one is one of my favorites! What I will say is it takes a while to see results but it worked id say I used half the bottle when I saw the results I wanted. I continued to use it until it was done and the spots haven’t come back..even after I stopped using it
More Alpha Arbutin Reviews
It’s the only product that worked to fade my dark spots. I worked in the beauty-fragrance area of a MAJOR dept store for almost 25 years, so I’ve tried every high-end product out there with very little results. Alpha Arbutin is the product that helped my spots fade in about 3 months. I love it!
I’ve been using it for about six months. I did notice a slight difference by the time I finished the first bottle so was excited to continue. Unfortunately, I haven’t seen anymore improvement even after several months. I will finish the bottle I have but will no longer purchase.
Yes, I love it! I just ran out so I purchased The Ordinary Ascorbic Acid + Alpha Arbutin combo from Sephora…hope it works as well.
I use with The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% together every single morning on face neck arms and chest it’s fading all my freckles from too many holidays without sunscreen
These questions have featured on social media and answered by Deciem.
If using The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin and The Ordinary Niacinamide, which one goes first? We suggest using them in the order you’ve written, Alpha Arbutin followed by Niacinamide.
Can I use Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA with Vitamin Suspension 30% in Silicone? Yes, this combination sounds great!
Can I use the Alpha Arbutin with Hyaluronic Acid? Yes indeed!
Can I use Alpha Arbutin 2% and Lactic acid 10% in the same routine? Yes you may.
Can I use Alpha Arbutin + Azelaic Acid? Yes, sounds great!
Why is Alpha Arbutin not available in Australia? We’re so sorry! Due to regulatory restrictions, they are not available in Australia or New Zealand at this time. To target brightening, you may wish to explore our Vitamin C range
Final thoughts on Alpha Arbutin
75% of the Deciem Addicts love The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin. 72% say it has improved their skin and a huge 74% will be repurchasing it. Another product with Alpha Arbutin you could try is the Ascorbic Acid + Alpha Arbutin.