It´s all over until next year. A whole month of 23% off where you can shop at your own pace. But don´t panic, you may find some discount codes here.
Slowvember Industry disruptor DECIEM is paving the way for a more sustainable Black Friday with the launch of its Anti Black Friday Campaign. DECIEM will be offering its month-long 23% discount to encourage conscious consumption and considered purchases over a period that traditionally celebrates impulse purchasing.
DECIEM’s month-long discount offers a human approach to discounting. Consumers will be encouraged to partake in a month of soothing and relaxing experiences across all channels, via calm activations in-store, and across DECIEM’s online presence. Slowvember welcomes back DECIEM’s month-long discount period, allowing its audience to slow down and take the time to make educated purchasing decisions.
On a day traditionally known as Black Friday, DECIEM will celebrate connections over clicks with its website and tills closed across all stores. However, after a year of reduced human interaction DECIEM has decided to keep some of its global retail locations open but offer them as a place where shoppers can take a moment to relax and experience live music, local refreshments and take part in musical and artistic workshops. Customers will not be able to purchase products on Black Friday.
The Deciem November Sale
A run down of Slowvember, 2021
- The sale has started but not without some issues. 23% discount was available to Australia, UK and Europe but not for US, Canada or New Zealand. I thought once all the time zones were on 1st November, it would change, but New Zealand is ahead so thought it may be a glitch. Last year, the Black Friday sale started worldwide at 9am (EDT). As soon as it was 9am (EDT) today, Black Friday was finally available to everyone.
- At 9am (EDT) the USA, Canada and New Zealand finally had access to Black Friday.
- Many people had issues not being able to access their the payment page but these resolved.
- If you haven’t ordered before on the new website since March, you need to reset your password.
- Sign up for notifications when products are out of stock. Last year they did restock numerous products.
- CAIL was already out of stock.
- MAP Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate is still being reformulated.
- The Ordinary Salicylic Acid is still being reformulated.
- The Ordinary Alpha Lipoic Acid is still be reformulated.
- Canada had no NIOD CAIL, MG or SDSM after a few hours.
- November 3rd NIOD MG & SDSM came back in stock for some countries.
Declined Orders / Problems Ordering on the Deciem website
There are quite a few people saying they cannot order on the Deciem website. Try some of the following;
- Log in
- Clear history/cookies
- Try ordering via different devices
- Credit Cards / Pay Pal – try different ways to pay
- If the billing address is a different country to the shipping, that could cause an issue
- Address – if the system doesn´t recognise your address, this could cause a problem
- If you have tried everything and it still says your order is declined, then you may have tripped something on their website, like a fraud alert. You would need to get in contact with Deciem to check your account.
2020 DECIEM BLACK FRIDAY SALE
Deciem & The Ordinary Black Friday Sale 2020 has now ended.
At 2pm UK time, 9am Canadian time, the Deciem Black Friday Sale 2020 went LIVE! 23% off EVERYTHING, including The Ordinary, now until the end of the month.
What a year 2020 has been. A Deciem Black Friday Sale is just what we needed to cheer us all up. It’s a repeat of last year’s Black Friday, which lasts the whole month of November, although this year it’s called “KNOWvember” where Deciem will be sharing videos and all their knowledge about skincare so we can learn and make the right choices. Here’s Deciem’s KNOWvember schedule.
Deciem Black Friday 2020
- Day 1 The overall response to the sale was really good with the #deciemaddicts going crazy in the Chat Room although there were a lot of products out of stock. 89% of the #deciemaddicts said they prefer 23% off everything to the box sets. It´s great as it gives everyone with all budgets a chance to buy.
- Day 2 Alpha Arbutin & Retinol 1% in Squalane came back in stock for some countries!
- Day 3 L-Ascorbic Acid, Natural Moisturising Factors and Hylamide Sub Q Skin came back in stock.
- Day 4 Hylamide Sub Q Mist came back in stock
- Day 5 Granactive Retinoid 2% & AHA 30% came back in stock.
- Day 9 Glycolic Acid & Natural Moisturising Factors came back in stock
If the product you are waiting for is out of stock, make sure you sign up for notifications.
Routines & Regimens
If you are really stuck on what to buy, look at The Ordinary routines and all these personalised routines. Here’s a quick starter guide if you’re entirely new to skincare, how to layer The Ordinary and also conflicts.
Some Deciem Black Friday Tips
- If you’re using a credit card, remember the card must be registered to the address the products are being shipped to.
- PAYPAY – Paypal really is the quickest and easiest way to pay and will avoid the problem of credit cards above.
- Always check the amount leaving your bank because people have often been charged twice. Deciem did refund!
- If your basket keeps emptying, refresh clear cookies, try another browser, or use another device. You could also try private browsing.
- The Ordinary is affordable all year round but if you know the products you love, grab a couple of each. It´s a great time to try products from the other brands like NIOD, Hylamide and The Chemistry Brand. Remember that NIOD should be used within 6 months of opening.
- Be careful of stocking up on Copper Peptide products as we have found if you keep these too long the colour turns black. Don´t open them all at once when you recieve them.
- Make a list of products you would love to try after reading reviews in the Facebook Group.
2019 Deciem Black Friday Sale
The Deciem Black Friday Sale 2019
On the 1st November 2019, Deciem went live with their Black Friday Sale. I was told that it would be different from previous years, but this was a bit of a surprise. Deciem gave 23% off absolutely everything for the whole month of November, including The Ordinary. They closed on Black Friday itself, which you can read about below.
Whilst the sale was on, the notifications for when a product is back in stock was removed. This was rather annoying because many products were out of stock. Many people wanted to try the new NIOD CAIL at a discounted rate.
Some of the Deciem Addicts were really happy, and some were somewhat disappointed, as Black Friday is when many get to try the other brands like NIOD at incredible prices. Overall, the majority enjoyed it, with 89% of Deciem Addicts on Instagram voted for
This is what Deciem say about the new Black Friday Sale
DECIEM is closing all stores and its website on 29th November as it no longer feels comfortable being involved in a single day so heavily focussed around hyper-consumerism. We do not feel that Black Friday is earth or consumer-friendly event as it encourages excessive purchasing of items that consumers might not necessarily purchase if things weren’t discounted.
As hyper-consumerism poses one of the biggest threats to the planet through rush decisions due to fear of items selling out, DECIEM no longer wants to be part of rushing purchasing decisions, something that was unintentionally created in previous years with products selling out before Black Friday even began.
Instead, we’re offering a site-wide discount of 23% starting today at 12noon that will run throughout the whole of the month of November, (excluding 29th when stores/website will close) to encourage more considered purchases. The discount will be valid across the entire DECIEM portfolio, including The Ordinary – something which is almost never discounted due to the pricing already being so fair and affordable. This will hopefully encourage customers to shop slowly and to make educated, mindful decisions based on what their skincare regimen should be.
2018 DECIEM BLACK FRIDAY SALE
DECIEM BLACK FRIDAY SALE 2018
When did the Deciem Black Friday Sale 2018 start?
The 2018 Deciem Black Friday sale went live on Thursday 22nd November 2018 at 10am (UK) and sold out before Black Friday had even started. In fact, most of the products sold out before Canada and America woke up, which didn’t go down too well.
Did the Deciem site go down at all?
This year it didn’t go down, but there were people with payment issues. In 2017 Deciem was offline for around 7 hours.
Deciem Payment Issues
The problem with the Deciem website is that the card you are paying with must be registered at the address you’re shipping to. Avoid all this agro by paying on Pay Pal.
How long did stock last?
Well, there were 16 items. By around 3pm (GMT), many products were sold out and then a few came back in stock. By the morning of Black Friday, 23rd November, only 3 Ordinary products were left in stock.
What was on sale for Deciem Black Friday 2018?
This year, Deciem decided they would sell 16 single products at incredible prices rather than the boxes. It was a challenging year, and I’m not sure they had the time to put the boxes together, which is why we had singles. Surprisingly though, people really liked having singles rather than the boxes.
Here’s what was on offer in the Deciem Black Friday Sale 2018.
- Multi-Molecular Hyaluronic Complex MMHC2, 15ml, £10 (Normal price: £25)
- Photography Fluid, Opacity 8%, 30ml, £5 (Normal price: £21)
- Survival 0, 30ml, £6 (Normal price: £20)
- NIOD Low-Viscosity Cleaning Ester, 240ml, £10 (Normal price: £30)
- Mastic Must, 90ml, £10 (Normal price: £27)
- NIOD Sanskrit Saponins, 90ml, £5 (Normal price: £21)
- Hylamide Pore Control, 30ml, £5 (Normal price: £23)
- The Chemistry Brand Heel Chemistry, 100ml, £5 (Normal price: £15)
- The Chemistry Brand Hyaluronic Concentrate, 240ml, £10 (Normal price: £28)
- FOUNTAIN The Hyaluronic Molecule, 240ml, £10 (Normal price: £28)
- AB Crew After Shave, 70ml, £5 (Normal price: £23)
- AB Crew Shave Cream, 120ml, £5 (Normal price: £18)
- Retinoid 2% Emulsion, 30ml, £3 (Normal price: £8)
- High-Spreadability Fluid Primer, 30ml, £2 (Normal price: £5.50)
- The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA, 30ml, £2 (Normal price: £5.80) Buffet, 30ml, £5 (Normal price: £12.70)
The Stars of the Deciem Black Friday Sale
For me, the star of this Black Friday sale was the NIOD LVCE which is a fantastic cleanser and was on sale for just £10 (usually £30). All I can say is if you have an opportunity to try this at a fantastic price, grab it! It cleans skin amazingly, removes some of the toughest mascaras ever and sun cream without the need to rub hard. It leaves skin feeling incredibly hydrated, and I find my products go on really well afterwards.
This was another star of the sale, NIOD MMHC2, Hyaluronic Acid. This glides onto your skin, feels amazing, plumps and hydrates. This usually is £25 and was on sale for just £10. You can often find discounts on NIOD of up to 25% off on the Deciem Discounts page.
DECIEM BLACK FRIDAY SALE 2017
When did the Deciem Black Friday Sale start in 2017
I remember I was just about to leave the office around 3pm when I received a call from Deciem. They said the Black Friday sale was going LIVE in an hour at 4pm (GMT) Thursday 23rd November. After a minor technical glitch, the sale finally started at around 4.20pm.
What was in the Deciem Black Friday Sale 2017?
This year, there were many Deciem sets at amazing prices and a few single products on sale. I remember everyone going absolutely crazy for the NIOD SS Sanskrit Saponins at just £9 hidden down the bottom.
Did the Deciem website go down?
Everything seemed to be going really well until about 6am (GMT) when the Deciem website went DOWN for around 7 HOURS!. I assume they had to wait until the tech department in Canada woke up to repair it, and finally, at about 1pm (GMT), they were back online.
Deciem Payment Issue
As previously mentioned, there were some payment issues where many people were being charged twice, including me. Deciem was really good and refunded the money straight away. If you have problems, try chatting with Deciem on LIVE CHAT.
Deciem Black Friday 2019
So what can we expect in the 2019 Deciem Black Friday sale? The truth is I have no idea, and knowing Deciem, they don’t have a clue either. Don’t assume the sales will start at the same time as last year. The one thing that is guaranteed is fantastic products at incredible prices that will sell out.
We ran a poll in Instagram stories, and 72% of people would say they would prefer singles for the 2019 Deciem Black Friday Sale.
Don’t forget to make that wish list, so when the sales start, you know what you want.