The Ordinary Retinol 1% in Squalane – everything you need to know before buying.
- Unboxing The Ordinary Retinol 1% in Squalane & Reviews
- What is The Ordinary Retinol 1% in Squalane?
- How to use Retinol 1% in Squalane
- Products you can and cannot use with Retinol 1% in Squalane
- What is the PAO? 3M
- Does The Ordinary Retinol have to be kept in the fridge? Yes
- What is the texture of Retinol 1% in Squalane?
- Other Retinol & Retinoid products
- Price: 6.70$ | 5.80GBP | 6.70€
The Ordinary 1% in Squalane – Reviews & Unboxing
Retinol 1% Squalane currently scores 4.3/5 on the Deciem website. Find more reviews by the Deciem Addicts on Instagram and chat with them directly. This product was purchased directly from Deciem.
What is The Ordinary Retinol 1% in Squalane & what does it do?
Deciem says: Highly-Stable, Water-Free Solution of 1% Pure Retinol
This water-free solution contains 1% pure Retinol, an ingredient that can reduce the appearances of fine lines, of photo damage and of general skin aging.
While Retinol has been studied extensively, it is irritating to the skin, and newer technologies exist that mimic the visible effects of Retinol without causing skin irritation. For this reason, we generally recommend using Granactive Retinoid 2% or Granactive Retinoid 5% instead of this formula.
Which Retinol is best to start with if I´m a beginner?
If you’re new to Retinol, start with 0.2% or 0.5%. See the guide to retinol & retinoids here.
- Signs of Ageing
- Textural Irregularities
When and how to use Retinol 1% in Squalane
- PM is best
- Start with cleansed, dry skin
- Apply 2 or 3 drops to the face. Use this after water-based serums but before heavier treatments.
- Retinol can cause irritation, redness and peeling, particularly around the eyes and mouth, in the early stages of treatment while skin builds tolerance.
- Always use SPF
Which products can and cannot be used with this product?
- Other retinol/retinoid products
- Direct Acids
- Pure vitamin c
- Copper Peptides
What is the PAO?
The period after opening is 3 months.
What is the texture of The Ordinary Retinol 1% in Squalane
The solution is Anhydrous. It is oily. You can see the product in the video above.
What colour is Retinol 1% in Squalane?
It is a light yellow colour. See video above.
Does Retinol 1% in Squalane need to be refrigerated?
Yes, once opened, keep it in the fridge.
Photos of authentic product
When purchasing The Ordinary, always buy from Deciem or one of the their many authorised stockists to avoid buying fake products.
The Ordinary Retinol & Retinoids
Click here for more information about The Ordinary Retinol & Retinoids. All the different strengths and polls on each one.
Can I use this if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
Deciem says: When pregnant or breastfeeding, it is recommended to avoid any skincare products containing retinoids such as formulations with Granactive Retinoid or Retinol.
Squalane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Retinol, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hydroxymethoxyphenyl Decanone, BHT.