83% of the Deciem Addicts on Instagram gave a thumbs up for The Ordinary Concealer.
Your quick guide to The Ordinary Concealers
- 83% of the Deciem Addicts on Instagram gave The Ordinary Concealers a thumbs up!
- There are 36 shades of The Ordinary Concealers
- 21 of the shades match The Ordinary Foundations
- 15 more shades of The Ordinary Foundation will be launched later on in the year.
- The concealers have been formulated to be slightly lighter than the corresponding foundation.
- The Ordinary concealer has a “real skin” finish.
- Full Coverage
- 8ml Tube
- Prices: £4.90, $5.80 USD, $5.80 CAD, $10.80 AUS, €5.80, $60 HKD
There are 4 categories of shades
About The Ordinary Concealers
Deciem says this concealer has a high-spreadability suspension system that offers very high coverage with a real skin finish. Packaged with a thin nozzle applicator for precise and easy application, this formula allows high pigments to look natural on the skin, and resists collecting in fine lines.
How many shades of The Ordinary Concealer are there?
There are 36 shades of The Ordinary concealers. 21 match the foundations which Deciem says have been formulated to be slightly lighter. Deciem will be adding these 15 new shades to the foundation range sometime this year.
The Ordinary Concealer Swatches
You can find swatches below and lots more on Instragram. It is really hard to choose a concealer or foundation without trying them on so if you have a brand you use regularly, you could try using one of the foundation matching websites.
The Ordinary Serum Foundation 2.0N with the 2.0N Concealer.
The Ordinary Serum Foundation 2.0YG with The Ordinary Concealer 2.0YG. Find more swatches on Instagram/Highlights
When did The Ordinary concealers launch?
The Ordinary concealers went live at 9am (EST) January 19th 2021.
How do you use The Ordinary Concealers?
You can use The Ordinary concealer using fingertips or a brush. Apply the concealer under the eyes, to cover blemishes or where needed. Please see more tips below.
What size are The Ordinary concealers?
The concealers are 8ml.
The Ordinary Concealer Comments / Reviews
83% of the Deciem Addicts on Instagram gave the concealers a thumbs up. Some of the negative comments were that it´s…
- It is too thick
- Too drying
Tips for applying if you find The Concealer too thick or drying
- Firstly make sure your under-eye area is well hydrated.
- Use a tiny amount, a little goes a long way.
- Rub a small amount of the concealer onto the back of your hand to soften it before applying it to the under-eye area.
- Use your ring finger, sponge, or brush. Try a soft fluffy brush as well as a flat concealer brush.
- You could even try mixing a little hyaluronic acid into the concealer or mixing a little into your moisturizer.
- If you want to cover melasma or any other dark spots, this will do it.
Here´s an example of names of the foundations;
- 1.2P is Light with Pink Undertones
- 2.0P is Light Medium Pink Undertones
- 3.0Y is Medium Dark with Yellow Undertones
- 4.1N Very Deep with Neutral Undertones
The 4 categories;
- 1 for fair to lighter tones
- 2 for medium tones
- 3 for darker tones
- 4 for deeper tones (foundations coming sometime this year)
The second digit from 0 to 3 to indicates the depth within each category.
The letter identifies the undertone
- P (Pink)
- R (Red) indicate cool undertones for lighter and darker shades respectively
- N indicates a Neutral tone
- Y indicates a Yellow undertone
- S indicates silver undertones
- G indicates gold undertones
How much are The Ordinary concealers?
- $5.80 USD
- $5.80 CAD
- $10.80 AUS
- $60 HKD
The Ordinary Concealer FAQS
These questions have been asked and answered by Deciem on Social Media.
Do I choose the same colour as my Ordinary serum foundation? You may wish to use the same shade to conceal uneven skin tone, or a lighter shade to brighten the under-eye area.
Do The Ordinary concealers provide SPF? No, The Ordinary’s Concealers do not provide SPF protection.
Is The Ordinary Concealer good for the skin? The concealers do not have any skincare benefits
Will the foundations shades be extended? Yes! We are hoping to expand the rest of the Colours range (our Serum and Coverage Foundations) to include the additional 15 shades within 2021.
Will The Ordinary concealers be self setting? They are not self-setting.
What is the finish of The Ordinary Concealer? The Colours Concealer will offer a satin “real skin” appearance.
Is The Ordinary concealer matte? The concealer will have a satin “real skin” appearance.
Will The Ordinary concealer shades match the foundations? The shades within the range will directly correspond to the shades within our Foundations.
What does “high slip” mean? This formula uses pigments that are suspended in The Ordinary’s proprietary spreadability system, allowing pigments to look natural on the skin, resist collecting in fine lines and stay on for longer.
Is the concealer hydrating? Yes, it is
Where can I buy The Ordinary Concealers?
What are the ingredients of The Ordinary Concealers?
Aqua (Water), Caprylyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, C12-14 Pareth-12, Dipropylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Tocopherol, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [+/-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.
Where we first heard about The Ordinary concealers
In the interviews with Glossy and Beauty IQ Uncensored, Nicola Kilner confirms that Deciem is going to be bringing out The Ordinary Concealers.
Nicola Kilner said Deciem will stop at concealers because makeup isn´t something they want to go into. So far there are 2 types of foundations in The Ordinary range, Coverage and Serum. Other makeup type products include NIOD Photography Fluid in 12% & 8% and Hylamide Photography Foundation range. You can read reviews here.