The Ordinary Soothing & Barrier Support Serum Review – this is the famous PINK SERUM by The Ordinary. It promises to target barrier support, hydrate within 2 hours, reduce the look of redness and keep your skin hydrated all day. How amazing does that sound? Not only that, 75% of the #deciemaddicts on Instagram love it.
Polls featured on Instagram Stories @deciemchatroom
Your Quick 15-Second Summary
- 75% of the Deciem Addicts love it
- The Soothing & Barrier Serum is a multi-active solution that has been designed to help repair the skin barrier, soothe discomfort, and reduce the look of redness.
- Targets: Hydrates within 2 hours, Barrier Support, the look of redness, hydration lasts all day.
- Solution: This is a water-based serum.
- You can use this in the morning and evening.
- It is suitable for all skin types.
- Conflicts: All Vitamin C.
- PAO 12 months from opening.
- Buying direct from The Ordinary they have a 365-day refund policy.
The Ordinary Soothing & Barrier Support Serum – The Pink Serum From The Ordinary
- Unboxing The Ordinary Soothing & Barrier Support Serum – The Pink Serum
- What is the new pink serum from The Ordinary?
- What does the Soothing & Barrier Support Serum do?
- How do I use Soothing & Barrier Support Serum?
- What order do I layer The Ordinary Soothing & Barrier Serum?
- What products conflict with Soothing & Barrier Support Serum?
- Which products can I use with this serum?
- What is the size and PAO?
- Check the latest price in your currency here
Unboxing The Ordinary Soothing & Barrier Support Serum
See the packaging, bottle, instructions, ingredients, colour and consistency before you buy.
The Ordinary Soothing & Barrier Support Serum
The new pink serum from The Ordinary is a multi-active solution designed to help repair the skin barrier by soothing discomfort and reducing the look of redness.
The New Pink Serum Targets
- The look of redness on the skin
- Helps support the skin barrier
- Hydrates all day
How do I use Soothing & Barrier Support Serum?
You can use The Ordinary Soothing & Barrier Support serum in the morning and evening. Apply a few drops to the palm of your hand and pat or massage into the skin. Always patch-test first, and if you have any irritation, it is best to stop using this product.
How do I layer this product?
The new pink serum is a water-based product and you would apply this after cleansing your skin. I used this for irritation around my chin area and just cleansed and used this. I didn´t feel the need to use any other products while trying to repair my skin.
What’s the size and period after opening?
This product is currently available in 30ml. Once you have opened this product, it should be used within 12 months.
Which product should not be used with this serum?
It is advised to avoid using The Ordinary Soothing & Barrier Serum in the same routine as direct and indirect vitamin c’s. You can use one in the morning and vitamin c in the evening, vice versa or on different days.
What products can be used with the Soothing & Barrier Support Serum
The only products listed as conflicts are all Vitamin C products. Always patch-test products and introduce other products to your routine slowly. You can check The Ordinary products you can and cannot mix here.
How much is the new pink serum from The Ordinary?
The Ordinary Video
Watch the video all about the Soothing & Barrier Support Serum.
The Ordinary Soothing & Barrier Support Serum Reviews & Polls
- 75% of the #deciemaddicts love it
Reviews are by the members of the Deciem Chat Room Community on Facebook & Instagram.
“It worked for me – it’s hydrating and creates a beautiful base for the rest of my skincare. I’ll add that I use it with VC, even though TO said not to.“
“This serum seems to help with my dry skin. I’m using it twice a day along with TO’s Amino Acids + B6. I see both of these becoming part of my permanent skincare routine.“
“Obsessed. Love it. One of your best serums.“
“I love how it sinks in. Lovely calming serum especially if you did some exfoliation prior“
The Ordinary Soothing & Barrier Support Serum FAQS
All your questions about the new pink serum answered…
1. What is the difference between Soothing & Barrier Support Serum & NIOD MG Modulating Glucosides? The Ordinary Soothing & Barrier Support Serum is a multi-ingredient formulation designed to provide a multi-functional, holistic approach to targeting visible redness, supporting skin hydration, and helping to repair a damaged skin barrier. NIODs Modulating Glucoside also targets signs of skin sensitivity, especially the appearance of redness, while supporting skin hydration and skin barrier repair. However, this formulation includes active ingredients that work to soothe the skin immediately, meaning MG works on immediate-term as well as long-term feelings and signs of sensitivity.
2. What are the advantages of using the new Pink Serum by The Ordinary? It helps to target skin discomfort and supports hydration whilst helping to repair a damaged skin barrier
3. Would the Soothing & Barrier Serum be used instead of The Ordinary Multi-Peptide Serum? These 2 products target different skin concerns. Multi-Peptide + HA Serum is an age-supporting peptide serum that does a little bit of everything for your skin. At the same time, Soothing & Barrier Support Serum is a multi-active solution designed to help repair the skin barrier, soothe discomfort, and reduce the look of redness. You can use both together in the same routine.
4. Can The New Soothing & Barrier Support Serum be used with Retinol? Yes, and you would apply the serum first and then follow with the Retinol and Moisturiser.
5. Can this serum be used alongside Tretinoin? It´s hard to comment when you are using prescription medications alongside our products. It is best to gradually incorporate one new product into your regimen at a time and applying test patches first to see what works best for your skin.
6. What’s the active ingredient of The Ordinary Soothing & Barrier Support? This product has 8 key active technologies: Centella asiatica phytotechnologies, 2% Niacinamide, gallic acid derivatives, a soothing complex, a ceramide complex, Sugar-based hydrators, vitamin B12 and bisabolol.
7. Can I use this in the morning and in the evening? Yes, you can use this in the morning and evening.
8. What makes the B12 pink in The Ordinary Barrier Support Serum? The pink colour is due to the inclusion of fermentation-derived cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12), an ingredient that can help with skin barrier support by reducing dryness and the look of redness.
9. What skin type is the new pink serum suitable for? It is suitable for all skin types.
10. Which products can I use with The Ordinary Support & Barrier Support Serum? You can use all products, excluding vitamin C.
11. Can this serum be used with Niacinamide? Yes, it can.
12. Is using this in the same routine as Retinoid 2% okay? Yes, that is fine.
13. Which products should I not use with this? Avoid using vitamin C in the same routine.
14. How would I layer the Soothing & Barrier Support Serum with Niacinamide & Retinol? For best results – Niacinamide – Soothing and Barrier Support Serum – Retinol
15. Is The Ordinary Soothing & Barrier Support Serum Good for Rosacea? None of The Ordinary Products can be considered medical treatments for rosacea, but this serum will help reduce redness.
16. Will this be suitable for sensitive eczema-prone skin? It is best to patch-test before using.
17. It is okay for sensitive skin and acne skin? Yes, it is, but always patch-test first.
18. Can I use the Soothing & Barrier Serum on acne-prone skin? Yes, it can.
19. Are there colourants or fragrances in the Soothing & Barrier Serum? No fragrance or colour has been added to this formula. The pink colour comes from Vitamin B12.
20. Can I use Azelaic Acid with this? Yes, you can.
21. Should I keep this in the fridge? No.
22. How do I layer the pink serum? Cleanse > tone > serum (soothing & barrier support) > moisturizing.
23. Can I use the pink serum with vitamin C? It is best to avoid using this and vitamin C in the same routine.
24. Is it okay to use these Amino Acids? Yes, that is fine.
25. Would this help with pores? Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% would be better for pores.
The Pink Serum by The Ordinary is a popular product, with 75% of the #deciemaddicts loving it. I encourage you to read all reviews by the Deciem Chat Room Community before buying.
Tell Us What You Think!
We hope you found this The Ordinary Pink Serum, Soothing & Barrier Support helpful review. We invite you to share your personal experiences or queries about The Ordinary Pink Serum. Join the conversation and join our community in The Deciem Chat Room.